1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

14th Century Knight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I decided to bring out the 70mm Knight I recently did a review on and re-post the review as the first step of the sbs. Since getting this figure it has had a strong pull from the shelf to be painted. I shall work it in with the other projects I have underway

14th Century Knight
    70mm White Metal

[IMG]

After being thoroughly pleased with Young's Viking I also recieved the new 70mm 14th Century Knight. I was again more than satisfied after examing the kit after it arrived.
    The box art is the painting guide for the front of the Knight and inside the box Young has provided a smaller photograph with the rear view of the Knight.

[IMG]

On the reverse side of the card is a closeup view of the tunic design.

[IMG]

The kit is comprised of 13 parts including the base. The helm is made up of 3 parts and lays at the foot of the Knight. The upper body has been cast seperately from the legs and arms with the sword blade being cast seperately from the hand.

[IMG]

all comments welcome
  2. renarts Active Member

United-States
    This is going to be a nice one Guy. I'm curious as to how you are going to do the brocade for the jupon. Will this be included in your build up?

thanks,
    Mike
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Mike.......lol........I haven't figured that one out yet myself :lol: :lol: :lol: .........It'll be interesting when I get to this point.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guy,

Seems to me a great kit. And as Mike said, i looking forward to the brocade.

Marc
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here the armor has been completed and the red tunic has been base coated. Next staep is shading the tunic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments and or critiques welcome.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guy,

Great work on the armour. How you managed it. Great charater face also.
    And now come's the fun. The brocade on the tunic.
    Looking forward to see this painted.

Marc
  7. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hi Guy great work with the metal parts, how did you paint it? did you used oils?
    Thanks
    ER
  8. nagashino New Member

Hello Guy

This looks like a nice kit, and your version is shaping up very nicely. I especially like the work on the armour. I'm also in the front row for the painting of the brocade.. :)

Watching with interest

Phil
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the votes of confidence guys........to be honest with you....the brocade intimidates me to no end. :lol: we'll see how it turns out after shading the red.
  10. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Guy....you certainly got bit by the bug for Young Miniatures.. :)
    He's looking great already..I like the face and the armour...
    and c'mon Guy...don't let that detail intimidate you...it's clear you are enjoying this figure and we know you can do it justice.....if you keep your mix for the detail really weak & faint, you have lots of opportunity for correction before putting on your final colour....but I haven't painted for ages, so maybe only take my advice with a pinch of salt.. :lol: ..I'll be watching closely too.

All the best.

Roy.