1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

14 C. Master of the Templars - Done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kyle, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Kyle Member

United-States
    I did further work since originally posting this figure, 80mm Border Miniatures English Master of the Templars. I took some of your excellent advice and did more weathering on the shield, plume, surcoat and chain mail....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks! :)

Kyle
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kyle,
    looking good, especially for only four months in! I would maybe tone down the chain mail a bit, maybe a light wash of black or similar dark color. I like the metals on the helmet alot. You did a stand up job there. I would also look at maybe shading or weathering your shield and plume a bit. Keep up the good work!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nicely done Kyle. I would agree with Jay though. Work on areas and you will see great improvement.

Xenofon
  4. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    For only 4 months a figure painter that's darned good Kyle. As has already been said, some work on the chainmail would improve it a lot. White isn't an easy colour to shade and you've made a good effort above and below the belts.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Kyle.
    Some shading will do the chainmail alot of good.
    White is a difficult colour, you done it very well.
    Keep painting.

marc
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    You are definitely on your way, your first figure is better than my first figure.I would Practice the highlighting , shading and blending.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  7. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kyle

You done very well with this figure, metas are good, may I suggest, maybe only using pure white as a highlight, and dulling down the brightness of your whites, making them more dirty, this will give you more contrast to your figures, A good book to have a look at would be Mike Blanks painting black and white, its full of techniques that can be carried over to all paint mediums.

Dave
  8. GARD9 Member

United-States
    Good work Kyle.
    I have this kit in my gray army. I agree with the others on the depth of shading. You'll get it, I'm sure.
    I noticed that you have left off the guige from the shield. That's the sling that holds the shield. I know that's a real pain on this kit because there are no good pictures or explanations with it. I think they want you to buy their books to get that info.
    I haven't fixed it yet because I put it on the back burner in frustration. Hence, the gray army grows.
    Maybe someone here on the Planet can shed some light on this issue.
    It's nice to see a familiar kit in progress.
    Keep up the good work.
    G9
  9. Kyle Member

United-States
    Thank you, everyone (including my lovely sister-in-law, Lizzie!) for your very helpful, and appreciated comments. I have just returned from a two-day biz trip to Nashville, and can't wait to get my brushes out to "weather" the plume and shield, and tone down the metal - and add the guige!!!

Thanks again everyone, for your encouragement.
  10. Kyle Member

United-States
    Just need to finish the groundwork, and I'll be done....

Thanks for the tips and kind words,

Kyle