1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

13th Scottish knight complete

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kyle, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Kyle Member

United-States
    This one's been a long time coming, with work etc, but have finally finished Andrea's 90mm 13th C. Knight. Enjoy!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking! All comments very welcome....

Kyle ;)
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Kyle!

Nice painted and wellbuilt figure.
    The heraldry looks fine.

Might I suggest that you be a bit bolder next time when it comes to the shading and highlighting?

Cheers
  3. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kyle
    Like it a lot especially the shield and the heraldry
    Cheers
    John
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kyle,

Nice work. I like the heraldy. How do you did that ???

marc
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kyle,
    this guy turned out quite nicely. Your chain mail looks good, and I really like the blue sword scabbard. I agree with Janne about maybe pushing the shadows and highlights a bit more. Especially on the shield. A great effort over-all!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Kyle Member

United-States
    Janne, thank you for your comments. A big part of the shading/highlighting issue is the lighting set up I am working with. I wish I could post the "actual" figure, as it is more deeply shaded and more strongly highlighted. Photography is definitely an area I need to work on. For instance, I 've shaded and battered the shield, and applied DullCote, which in person, shows it as muted and worn. In the photo, however, I can't get rid of the sheen.

John and Marc, thank you for your kind comments. I paint the heraldry by hand, which is quite enjoyable to me, but takes a long time!

Jay, sometime I need to come to the Tulsa show - I'm in Minneapolis, which is a long drive, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I am going to try another lighting set up and try to repost some of these images.

Again, thanks all for comments - I am learning!

Cheers,
    Kyle
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Kyle. You improve with each figure.

Is that a Ken Thomas base? Nice compliment to the figure.
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Have the same problem myself.

And again as Guy wrote, its nice to see you improve with every figure you do. :)

Cheers
  9. Kyle Member

United-States
    Guy and Janne, thanks very much for your comments.

And yes, Guy, that is a Ken Thomas base - the best I've ever purchased (just rec'd my first shipment).

Kyle :) :)
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice figure my friend on a nice base . good work
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kyle,
    consider this your official invitation! We would love to see you at the next Tulsa show. Bring some of this fantastic work and your best conversation. We'll show you some of the best hospitality out there! Keep up the good work!

Jay H.
    OKC