1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm WW1 German Machinegunner

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by dave mosher, Oct 13, 2005.

1. dave mosher Active Member

I finished my Verlinden 120mm machinegunner today in time for Chicago. I modified the helmet to make it a little more in scale and added the insignia to represent a machinegunner for LGR 109 (Baden). I'll see how it goes...

Dave

Attached Files:

2. dave mosher Active Member

Another

Attached Files:

3. dave mosher Active Member

Another

Attached Files:

4. dave mosher Active Member

Close-up

Attached Files:

5. dave mosher Active Member

Last one

Attached Files:

6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Very nice work on the insignia. Good luck at Chicago, enjoy the show.~Gary
  7. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi Dave,..
    I do like your WW1 German, good simple setting, so often the mud takes over with many WW1 subjects. I especialy like his face and helment, ... WW1 is perhaps my favorite subject but lean more towards the ANZAC side of things.....

good stuff mate Phil..
  8. Evan August New Member

Nice work, that face is excellent!
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, the face looks great.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great painting, Dave. The face looks very realistic.

cheers
    Artur
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Dave,

Great painting on the face. I like the choosen subject. Hopefully he is doing the right thing at the Chicago show. (y) (y)

Marc
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,
    nice work! Looks like a winner to me! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    That's a beauty Dave, nice work!
  14. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  15. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Dave

Great painting

Because this is my first post and I stay here since one month, I don´t know if you knew the following homepage, with many informations about WW I and many photos of original parts (weapons, tunics, headgear and equipment)
    www.kaisersbunker.com

I´m living in Germany and buy some WW I-Kits from Jon Smith, living here, too. He made resin-kits (scale 54mm or 120mm). If you don´t know him, here ist his homepage Jon Smith Modelbau

Ulrich
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Dave! I was able to see all your entries at the MMSI show and really enjoyed them! Didn't stay around for the awards, etc. Hope you did well as you certainly deserved it!

All the best,
    Dan
  17. dave mosher Active Member

Thanks all for your valued comments. Dan: I didn't attend the awards presentations, either. The caliber of the other submittals was rather "humbling" for me, so I'll chalk this show up to a good experience. Geez, there were some awesome entries there. Hope there were some pictures to share....

Dave
  18. Mike McGregor Member

What type of machine-gun is he carrying? I've seen pictures of it before, but never much info to go with it...

Thanks,
    Mike.
  19. dave mosher Active Member

Mike:

It is a MG 08/15 which was put into service in 1915. A bipod was used (not on the figure)and a wood stock was added to the machinegun vs. the heavy sledge with the gun which weighed 140 pounds and took two men to move it.

Regards

Dave
  20. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Very convincing fleshtones, Dave!!
    Congratulations, great paintjob!

Eddy