1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wanting to Buy 120mm Stormtroopers/Black sheep Para WW2

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by chailey, Jan 26, 2020.

1. chailey Active Member

England
    para ww2.jpg

Hi all,
    This was due to be re-released by Foxwood but I haven't had much luck in contacting them so looking for an unmade/part made kit if anyone cares to part with one?
    Steve.
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. chailey Active Member

England
    Thank you, I'll give it a try...
  4. Kevin Gibbons Active Member

I think I have one of these if you get no joy from Foxwood....it’s up in the loft somewhere and will take some finding but will try and look today...Kevin
    Nap likes this.
  5. Kevin Gibbons Active Member

Found said item in loft ....it’s all there the downside being I have at sometime painted the corner wall section and primered the figure with Halfords white primer but apart from that it’s all ok.....if interested PM me and you can have it for what I paid plus P&P....also comes with the limited production cert ( no 49))not that that will mean much if Foxwood are reproducing them...Lol 3F50DCF1-375B-48B2-A9A7-922FBDFBB28B.jpeg 2D7DFCC0-74B3-4A5F-AB1C-427614E8CFDD.jpeg
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Foxwood seem to have a habit of vanishing and then reappearing again at a later date, and at the moment they seem to be very quiet again.

No idea what's going on with them, and as far a I know they have never even had a web site. But hopefully this and other ex-Stormtroopers stuff they've bought the masters for will get a re-release because there were some great pieces in that range.

- Steve
    chailey likes this.
  7. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    This brings back a few memories........I painted this figure (the original Stormtroopers release) in 2009, it was the first figure I painted in Vallejo. I put it on display in a cabinet in my local model shop in Salisbury, & someone offered £35.00 for it so I sold it.

I published some photos of it on this site at the time, I know they’re still available in the archive because they were commented upon recently but I can’t recall who by.
  8. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    It was in Schools of Miniaturistry>Completed Works for June 7th 2010, but I can’t work out how to move the photos to here.......perhaps the mods could help out?
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  10. chailey Active Member

England
    I didn't realise it comes with a choice of headgear....bonus!
    Chris Oldfield and Kevin Gibbons like this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job that Chris. (y)

I bought mine off Stu at Euro in (I think) 2007, and I'm ashamed to say that it is still in my stash unstarted after all these years! Not one that I want to offload though, which is why I didn't mention it earlier (didn't see the point).

Glad to see that Kevin has come through for you Steve. Just shows that it always pays to ask, because you never know!

- Steve
    Nap and chailey like this.
  12. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England

If you need another head with airborne helmet, I found the one from this figure (& separate chinstrap) in one of my spares boxes the other day - let me know if you want it.
  13. chailey Active Member

England
    I could certainly find a use for it, I have an American Para that I am thinking of converting to combine with your one if the scales match up!

Cheers,
    Nap likes this.
  14. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Steve,

PM me your address & I’ll post it to you FOC in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
    Chris.
    chailey and Nap like this.
  15. Nap A Fixture

England
    Brilliant result Guys

As Steve says " it always pays to ask"

Foxwood ...do hope they release what they have got masters for there was some nice stuff ....... think it's personal concerns amongst others

Look forward to seeing this on the bench

Happy bench time one and all

Nap
    Chris Oldfield and Kevin Gibbons like this.
  16. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I wonder what the difference is between the two kits, they appear to be the same kit but the Black-sheep kit was sold as a limited edition??

Stormtrooper - British Para Corporal at Arnhem 1944 (ST120/03)
    Black-sheep - British Para at Arnhem 1944 (BS120/04)

Chailey, These might be of interest to you also:

Stormtrooper - British Para Officer at Arnhem 1944 (ST120/14)
    Black-sheep - Major Allison Digby Tatham-Warter Arnhem 1944 (BS120/03)

ST12014 British Para Officer at Arnhem 1944.JPG BS120-03.JPG

Regards
    chailey and Kevin Gibbons like this.
  17. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stu's "Black Sheep" releases were limited-run reissues of some of his earlier Stormtroopers line, and also I think I'm right in saying that he only sold the "Black Sheep" boxings at shows.

They were the same kits (although some were 'tweaked' slightly), the only difference being that they were labelled "Black Sheep" instead of "Stormtroopers" and in some cases had different box art (e.g. the painted piece instead of just a b/w image of the unpainted figure).

- Steve
    chailey and Woods457 like this.
  18. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clarification..

Regards Ian
    Babelfish likes this.
  19. Nap A Fixture

England
    Great figures

Wish I could find the bust of Major Allison Digby Tatham-Warter Arnhem 1944

I can but wish !!!

Nap
  20. chailey Active Member

England
    I like the officer, with my newly acquired para I can see a vignette forming!
    Kevin Gibbons and Nap like this.