1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm SS Ardennes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by theseeker, Jul 4, 2007.

1. theseeker Member

United-States
    This is my first attempt at using acrylics for the skin. I wanted it to look pale due to the bitter cold in the Ardennes in 1944. I am working on a new base as the provided base is boring. The camo painting is a mixture of enamel and acrylic. Let me know what you think, good or bad!

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks good Rocky.......and cold too.
  3. theseeker Member

United-States
    Guy, you are very kind! Coming from you it is an enormous compliment, but tell me how I can improve. I still feel much more comfortable with oils and enamels than acryilics.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The first question that comes to mind after reading your above post is........why switch if you're more comfortable with oils and enamels? I switched to acrylics years ago and believe me..........I went back to my oils and enamels.

Looking back at the 4 photos I think you need to add some snow........make the environment look cold......and the figure will follow.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think snow and a bit more contrast to the fleshtones and you have a winner