1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book 120mm Red Lancer from Gordon Mitchell

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I saw this piece at Telford on Gordon's stand on a battery operated turntable and it just mesmerised me. The beautiful dynamics captured by Carl Reid of a Lancer in full flight. Well it was, here Gordon take my money.
    I'm sure you Nappy's can appreciate the uniform detail and accoutrements and no I'm not turning. I bought this purely to convert into a 17th Lancer from the Zulu war.
    The whole piece has not only great dynamics but also a lovely balance to it and as soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.
    Great release mate and well done Carl(y). I love it for what I saw in it and the potential for a great Zulu war piece.:cool: You Nappies won't be disappointed either.:D
    Here are the photo's, for price and delivery contact Gordon directly.
    cheers
    Richie
    Lancer1.JPG Lancer2.JPG Lancer3.JPG Lancer4.JPG Lancer5.JPG Lancer6.JPG
    malc, marco55, Tonton and 9 others like this.
  2. RoyB New Member

Hi all

Also saw this at Telford. Had to have it. Fortunately my son bought it for me for Christmas. Unfortunately I have to wait until the Bearded Wonder comes next Sunday!

I only hope that I can do it the justice it deserves. It's wonderful piece

RoyB
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. chailey Active Member

England
    Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for this little beauty Richie, it's a fantastic sculpt!

Steve
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Richie, I too had to order this one the instant that I laid eyes on it. I don't have your sculpting ability or the courage to convert my lancer, so he will remain a "Nappy", but I look forward to seeing what you do with this beauty.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Roy,
    Firstly welcome aboard(y) and secondly you will not be disappointed by what old St. Nick leaves you in your stocking, it's a beauty.
    cheers
    Richie

Lancer5.JPG
    Lancer6.JPG
    Dewi Evans and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richie

Cheers for the look at this ( some pics are round the wrong way for some reason) , looks a really good sculpt , it has a bit of a Poste Militaire feel about it I think .

Looking forward to seeing your conversion

Nap
  7. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This figure really does look good. I'll have to think about this one, it may compliment my 200mm lancer. There's s lot of red to paint

Andrew.