120mm OIF US Sniper

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Toadlet, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Toadlet New Member

Poland
    Hello Planeters,

I would like proudly announce my first release. Sniper armed with Mk12 SPR, note unusual goggles Wiley X SG-1.
    It is available on ebay or directly contacting by email. How do you like it?

Wojtek Bulhak
    Toadlet

wbulhak@acn.waw.pl

[IMG]
  2. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

Looks good, but the guy looks more like an infantryman than a sniper. According to a source on Armorama.com (HeavyArty for those that know him there), a Sniper would have an M21 Sniper Rifle or an M14 Sniper rifle. And as far as I know, that looks like a M16 with a scope, not the Mk12 SPR, which I thought is supposed to look like this:
    [IMG]
  3. Toadlet New Member

Poland
    Hello, thank you for posting.
    I am not expert in US Army tactics, Is not a guy with sniper rifle a sniper? OK just joking. That weapon is for light sniper/sharpshooter duty.

What is important feature of Mk 12 is the barrel lenght. In later versions perforated barrel cover with four receivers (not just a tube with one receiver on top as in earlier ones). As on photo you submitted.

Mk 12 SPR

What is in kit:
    [IMG]

Riflestock is intentionally from M-16. Just to make it different from retractable ones as in M-4 in Dragon DeltaForce kit, and number of resin kits. It is seen on photos.
    Receivers are "clean". You can do your own arrangements of possible accessories, as seen on service photos. Only handgrips are added.
    What is incorrect in picture of finished kit is upside down glued uncovered part of barrel and slightly to long (cut to long from casting block). Just painters error.

Wojtek
  4. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

Thanks. This is great stuff. I look forward to this and more from this genre. It's especially nice to see it in this scale. You do very good work. Thanks again.
  5. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Most infantry marksmen are carrying the M14 on OIF at the moment, with only the qualified snipers carrying the M21 etc. Great figure though loads of conversion potential!!!