1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm German Troops/horseback diorama

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by streetjudge79, Nov 27, 2014.

1. streetjudge79 Member

United-States
    I recently got back into scale military figures after about a 20 year hiatus. After going to the IPMS Modelpalooza show in Orlando this past year, I got hooked again. I just finished this piece and pretty happy how it turned out. Hope you guys like it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow, considering that's your first project after a 20 year break, that is terrific stuff. I really like the overall presentation and the groundwork, the water in particular being a very nice touch and the skull as well of course. The horse has also turned out very nice.

The figures too look pretty decent overall, although the uniforms appear to be a bit glossy (but that could be from the lighting). The "rain mark" lines on the camo of the standing figure are also a bit too large and thick, and the camo pattern doesn't look quite right to my eye (the mounted figure is better). But all in all - good work and thanks for sharing.

- Steve
    captnenglish likes this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

I'm with Steve on this.
    Ralph.
    captnenglish likes this.
  4. streetjudge79 Member

United-States
    what would be the best way to paint the rain marks? Those were driving me nuts
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    After 20 years away from the figure world your to be congratulated on a very good piece of work (y)

-Rich
  6. streetjudge79 Member

United-States
  7. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I second Steve and swralph
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I'm with Stephen.
    Cheers
    John
  9. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I can't say what hasn't been said already after 20 years it's a nice welcome back