1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm German Stormtrooper 1WW

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0772.JPG 100_0773.JPG 100_0774.JPG 100_0775.JPG 100_0776.JPG 100_0777.JPG

Another stripped down and re-painted Verlinden figure, this time their 'All Quiet on the Western Front' offering.

I swapped the pickelhaube-wearing kit head for one by Miniart, wearing a helmet from the spares box, as I wanted to try a depict stormtrooper from later in the war. For that reason I also added more grenades.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work as usual Peter. Good call on the head/helmet swap. I've always thought that for some reason the Pickelhaube doesn't quite work on this figure.

- Steve
    Oda likes this.
  3. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great paint work! Agree on the head swap on this one makes it look much better.
    Oda likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wonderful work

Mobo
    Oda likes this.
  5. misfit151 A Fixture

Another first class conversion Peter......(y) Mike
    Oda likes this.
  6. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers chaps.

The kit head is bent back at too acute an angle, and for some reason I've never been able to take pickelhaubes seriously.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  7. Hiraminamoto Member

Japan
    very nice camo

Hira
    Oda likes this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

Absolutely top class.

Oda.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

Great reworking , agree about the helmet ...looks so much better , painting as always nice to see , like the additional equips you've added

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Nap

PS No shortage on Dettol yet your way !
  10. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hira - Many thanks.

Oda - Glad you like him.

Nap - Thans. Dettol supplies are holding up in Kent - pity it can't fuel cars.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

great improvements on the original, much better headgear and face

The base is better too, less Pirates of the Caribbean, with skulls!

Love the late WWI camo pattern helmet cover.

Good to see you are getting value for money from old figures, perhaps before and after photos for your personal collection to measure your progress?

Another retread next?

Enjoy the next victim

Regards

Steve H
  12. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Peter, another great piece of work, you must never leave the work bench, you really do keep us all on board with your endless posts and your wee tweaks that give these old figures a new look.
    TERRY
  13. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - Hi. I need to go into the loft and sort through the many boxes of old figures to in order to line up some more re-vamps. I'm going to work on a couple of newly purchased Dragon figures next though - bit tired of the messy Dettol process. G;ad you like this one.

Terry - Cheers. Am I posting too often?
  14. Fredericus Active Member

I repeat my thoughts; with some clever additions, you have always managed to make old and not very dynamic figures, current and natural. Bravo. As usual beautiful paintwork.
    Ciao Federico
  15. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Peter - are you posting to often? - absolutely not, please keep them coming, it's an absolute delight to watch you transform those figures and I find your steady feed very inspirational.
    TERRY
  16. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Federico - Very many thanks.

Terry - That's alright then. I'm lucky enough to have the time to devote to the hobby, and to be honest there is nothing I'd rather be doing. Getting into that zen-like zone where the world outside ceases to matter keeps me alive.
    Nap and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  17. Cannonball A Fixture

Lovely finish on this one Peter. Really like the uniform colours and camo work.

Neal
  18. Nap Moderator

England

Absolutely agree

Nap
  19. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter,

I have to admit, I miss your daily posts and the progress of your figures and busts, but I would rather have your wonderful work 3 times a week than nothing.

I do envy your ability to tune out and focus on the painting, I do try, but the noise of DIY and getting the house prepared for sale is quite overwhelming at times!

I have just replumbed in a new bathroom vanity and sink, and there is still more to do.

I am hoping for a quieter winter and some real bench time.

Until then, I gratuitously get my painting fix from your work.

Enjoy the attic and watch out for the giant spiders!

Have a good day at the bench

Regards

Steve H
    Nap likes this.
  20. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Neal - Many thanks.

Nap - You're a kind man.

Steve - I also miss our daily chats, but I found that whenever I attempted a WIP it went wrong. I therefore decided to only post something if I got it finished, so I'm down to a new thread every 6-7 days. I'm also aware that posting so often annoyed some on the other site (what didn't?) and feel a bit sensitive about ''hogging the limelight''. Getting the house ready for sale must be a nightmare - my worst. We did the same when we sold our London flat, though it was time and money well spent in the end. Never again though. Soldier on!

A trip to the attic is immanent. I don't mind the spiders, but I do hope the wasps' nests are dormant by now.....
    Nap likes this.