1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm German Officer WW1

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Sep 12, 2021 at 6:27 AM.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    100_0718.JPG 100_0717.JPG 100_0716.JPG 100_0715 (1).JPG 100_0714 (1).JPG

This is a re-paint of something that's been languishing in the attic for a few years - Verlinden's 120mm German officer of WW1.

I've always had a soft spot for this figure, not only because of the action pose, but also because it's a great sculpt (in my opinion). The only thing I've changed is to put a grenade in his left hand - the kit hand is held flat with the fingers outstretched and someone commented on another site that it made him look a bit camp.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

3. akaryu PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
  4. Scott Sheltz Active Member

United-States
  5. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Mobo, Pierre and Scott.
  6. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

Nice retread and good move with the new hand.

A different palette of colours too, which must have been fun to use for a change.

More figures to be rescued from the attic?

Wet weather ahead for the rest of the week.

Ideal for hobby time

Regards

Steve H
  7. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Morning Steve

Not my greatest, but enjoyable to do. Yes, more figures lined up for the Dettol, but I'm finding it hard to get the old, brown stuff locally - the newer type doesn't work. Rain just about to arrive and we're off to visit my granddaughter on Thursday, so limited bench time this week - a Tamiya conversion on the bench.
  8. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Peter

Liking the uniform colour you've achieved , you say it's not your greatest but you enjoyed painting which is what the hobby is all about

Look forward to the Tamika conversion

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. misfit151 A Fixture

Great result Peter. (y). Mike
  10. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good one Peter, I dont remember seeing this figure before and you are right the pose etc is fairly good and in addition to WW1 subjects not being that popular this makes this very nicely painted figure stand out.
    TERRY
  11. Henk Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Peter, I love how you did the leather, those boots look great.

As for his hand, the person commenting on another side obviously didn't have military experience. In tthe military a flat hand with outstretched fingers isn't camp, it means "stay down, hold position". Not that it matters, your conversion has added some more interest, as usual.

Looking forward to the Tamiya conversion. Any hints? Lol.
    Nap likes this.
  12. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nap - Yep, it's all about the enjoyment.

Mike - Thank you.

Terry - Many thanks. I have another couple of Verlinden 1WW Germans in the attic that would be well worth stripping down.

Henk - Glad you like him. As for the pose, I didn't remember that about the hand, though I think the complainant objected to the pose in general. Here's the original box art, see what you think:

VLS-1975-2.jpg
    Nap likes this.