1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm Finnish officer

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Pekka, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Hello,
    Here is the latest progess on my 120mm figure. He is Captain Aarne Juutilainen, a very famous( in Finland anyway ...) infantry officer. He defended a important part of the Karelian front during the Winter War between Finland and Soviet Union. He is wearing a Russian fleese coat, Lapplander leather boot and model22 fur hat. Still missing are fur collar, pistol holster and knit gloves. Made of Magic Sculp putty and modefied Military Alliance head.
    Comments most welcome;
    Pekka N.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Terve taas Pekka!

Nice job Pekka! You have done a really good job with the raised shoulder and the upward pull of the coat. Great!

The one thing that I might change would be to have the "corners" of his coat tails not cling so closely to the body. This kind of a stretching pose would probably cause these "tails" to hang away from the legs more than you have shown in your figure.

I hope you understand what I mean by this. Please let me know if this explantion is not clear to you. Keep up the good work! You get better with each figure.

Cheers!!

Mike
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pekka, EXCELLENT. Antomy and clothing are spot on. What a great figure!~Gary
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Pekka - Very nice!!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Very good.
    So what happened to him, afterwards?
  6. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Thank you

Thank you for your comments . I very much appreciate your advice.
    Mike, I think I understand what you mean about the coat. If i have the energy ,I will fix it... His riding breech trousers fill the coat maybe somewhat unrealistic.
    Vergilius, his career had been very mixed in the Finnish army and continued to be so. In the attack period of the Continuation War 1941 he still was succesfull but probably his old enemy, alcohol , was to blame as he ended his career as a commandant of prisoner of war camp. After the war he was too " famous" and wasn´t able get work as the political situation didn´t esteem old war heroes.
    Pekka N.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure Pekka,i like the pose as it matches the facial expression well.

Steve