1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm dismounted trooper, Blues & Royals, service dress with helmet

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MCPWilk, Dec 3, 2020.

1. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In order to get used to their unwealdy headgear both the Foot Guards and Household Cavalry rehearse for ceremonial duties in service or working dress with bearskins or helmets. I have already done a bearskin for one of Gordon's infantry figures.

I came across a photo of the Household Cavalry rehearsing for 'staircase lining' in service dress with helmets and gauntlets and thought it would make a quirky and different subject. I'm just waiting for the gautlets with sword and scabbard (the one shown is from my spares box) from the casters to complete the figure for Victory Miniatures.

Work in progress, front view..jpg

Happy modelling,

Mike
    KenBoyle, Blind Pew, Nap and 3 others like this.
  2. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Mike, excellent figure & radically different from the orders of dress we usually see for the Household Division.
    I can remember seeing troops dressed like this during rehearsals for Trooping the Colour etc when I worked in London in the 1990s - these rehearsals were mainly carried out at night.
    MCPWilk likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mike

Nice choice and a good contrast between the helmet and uniform

Look forward to seeing this completed

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MCPWilk likes this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice to see No. 2 Dress in a figure and see this unusual dress parade uniform.
    Superb .
    MCPWilk likes this.