1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm Chindit/14th Army 1944/45 by Moz Corry

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks
    This month marks 76 years since Emperor Hirohito announced the surrender of Japanese Forces to the allies.
    To commemorate this event I am releasing a 120mm kit sculpted for me by Maurice Corry which depicts a British/Commonwealth soldier of the 14th 'Forgotten' Army during the Far East campaign.
    It will be available soon and anyone wishing to pre-order please email ONLY to gordonmi@hotmail.com
    Price is £35.00 + shipping
    UK = £4.50
    Europe = £10.00
    Everywhere else = £13.50
    Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

2. Noel Walker Active Member

Count me in on one
    Grod likes this.
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

Great figure. Im ordering this one.
    Grod likes this.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done figure from the 'Forgotten Army'. Jungle green uniform I suppose?

Mike
    Grod likes this.
  5. nig-g Active Member

Indeed a great figure.
    Just a couple of observations: there are no straps on the anklets, the water bottle is too high, badge on hat (I believe Chindits removed all unit insignia) and there is no distinctive bracket on the stock of the No 5 for the sling (even though slings were prohibited by many Chindit commanders to force troops to always carry their weapons at the ready in case of ambush). All easily put right .

Reminds me of the 120mm chindit produced by El Greco sometime back
  6. nig-g Active Member

A useful source of info on colours of uniform and equipment etc.

FA805F5A-71A1-490F-8078-F55DD20A7366.jpeg
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Got to be honest and say that for me, the pose looks somewhat awkward. It might work better if the modeller has him peering cautiously round a tree or something. But as-is, I think he looks a bit gawky. A good subject though.

- Steve
    valiant and Redcap like this.
  8. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for this info.
    Moz clocked the missing gaiter straps and the rifle sling parts when he saw the pics. These have been amended now and I have attached further pics. The water bottle is a separate part and the patch on the headgear can easily be removed. 2 x bush hats are provided with the kit one of which has a slightly narrower brim than the other.

Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

1969, MCPWilk and Martin64 like this.
  9. nig-g Active Member

Thank you Gordon. I’m very impressed that you take feedback so seriously (and so promptly).
    if I hadn’t just finished a Gurkha Chindit bust (see recent thread) I would have bought this.
    You deserve for this figure to do well for you. You’re a credit to the hobby.
    All the very best
    Nigel
    Grod likes this.
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gordon,
    I like this figure and could see instantly with a couple of other Chindit figures I bought and retained how I could create a very intersting vignette on a jungle trail.
    There is real scope in this campaign for further figures Burmese, Indian and Gurkha Chindits.
    As an aside I cannot understand why the battle of Kohima ridge has never been depicted in a war movie, it was a pivotal turning point in this war, it was the jungle Stalingrad.

Anyway "Pops" I'll have one to0, to go with my other Chindits.

cheers
    Richie
    Grod and Nap like this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Folks

Nice to see this subject being released , good constructive comments and reactions as well

Certainly will paint up well

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Grod likes this.
  12. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You are right about Kohima a very pivotal and brutal battle. Unfortunately the Far East campaign has never really had the popularity in the hobby as the European theatre or North Africa mate and I can't see that changing. If you want to sell a lot of ww2 figures produce German topics.
    Be great to see you convert this figure with others to make a jungle scene.
    Anyway you've enough on your plate with those zulus ...thousands of them. Lol
    Hope to see you soon.
    Cheers
    Gordon