1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm Brit Para Arnhem 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by 1969, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Kirky New Member

United-Kingdom
    Great Job

Hi Steve, this is a fantastic figure and a great paint job,

I love 1/16th as a scale and in my opinion there are too few good allied figures availiable in this scale particularily British and Russians (as much as i love painting germans in thier myriad forms)
    I wish i had the skill to create unique figures like this as my head is full of subjects that could be represented...........

which leads me to the next inevitable question, will you be casting and releasing this figure as a commercial piece?? as i would be in the q to buy one !

Best Regards

Kirky
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kirky and thanks for the comment on the figure mate.
    This figure was planned for commercial release but the deal fell through so i decided to build him and paint him up,i have only used CA glue to assemble him so i still have the option to disasemble him in the future to have him cast.
    I am hoping to cast some figures maybe this year and if so he will be one of them.

Steve
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Steve,

Fantastic work mate. Lovely details everywhere. A magnificent piece of sculpting and painting.
  4. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    its a cracker!

was a great sculpt and its really cool to see you painting him!

mark

:)
  5. theseeker Member

United-States
    Steve,
    Great looking figure and very well done skin tones.
    Rocky
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tony..Mark..Rocky

Thanks for the comments guys,much appreciated.

heres some progress pics,upper body is finished and i have blocked in the trousers ready for shadows and highlights.

Steve

[IMG]
  7. Squeakyclean Member

United-Kingdom
    Steve

This is looking good mate, the painting of the smock is just the job.

Matt
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Matt thanks mate ,i will take that as a compliment as i know that you know your stuff when it comes to ww2 brit paras.

Thanks mate

Steve
  9. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great work!

Your work is amazing!!!:)
    Is this figure a red devil?
    A wonderful sculpting!
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thankyou Mitsutaka,yes this is a `Red Devil`,one of my favourite subjects.

Steve
  11. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Steve, I see you changed some of the overlapping green/brown in a very good looking darker color. Excellent painting so-far. Don't forget the two buttons on the flap. These are the male part of the click buttons (by lack of the correct word) on the front. Can't wait to see more.

groeten from, Willem
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thankyou Willem,i will add the two studs to the flap before i finish painting.the figure looks much better now i added the darker patches as you suggested.

Thanks

steve
  13. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Steve,

nice work on the face and camo!
    If I may have a suggestion, you could add some shadows around the head below the helmet, it'd add to the realism of the figure.

I will definiately follow your progress
    Thanks
    Denes
  14. WPS Member

Netherlands
    Steve, some remarks were made by my colleague (the collector).
    First the woolen cuffs are brown, on the inside of the collar there is no camo (only the first part that's turned over by sewing) also brown.
    The scarf is green/brown.
    The webbing (incl. puttees) is blancoed with pea green eccept for the stenbandolier (is the right color)

groeten from, Willem
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Willem i was aware of the color being brown but not the cuffs,i will change them.
    So should i go for more of a green tone for the webbing ?
    37 pattern webbing that i have seen comes in varied tones of tan to green,obviously i want to get it as accurate as possible.

Cheers

Steve
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Steve i don't know much about WW II figures but i can see you are doing some extremely good job here.
    This one is for Alpine iff you want him cast. There is alot of commercial potention in it.
    Great work, the sculpting and the painting.

Marc
  17. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Marc thankyou for the compliment,i do hope to cast this figure sometime in the future although i may resculpt him in 90mm for this,not sure yet.
    I like your website you have some very nice figures on display.

Steve
  18. WPS Member

Netherlands
  19. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Willem,i will check it out.

Steve