1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mm 'A Gentleman in Khaki' - Mitches Military Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MMM, Dec 9, 2019.

1. moz A Fixture

England
    This reenactor has it right. 13.jpg
  2. moz A Fixture

England
    The first ones were quite small and had a rudimentary pick axe head to form the handle.

download (15).jpeg download (15).jpeg
  3. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great reference Moz
    Shows how colourful khaki can be.
    Gordon
    tomifune likes this.
  4. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    I think I have an other version of the "Gentleman in Khaki".A big,heavy 120mm/150 mm boy from the company "SITAMS".
    They do a Prussian line infantryman,too.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ross,
    This is one of those iconic figures that has been crying out for a new version, kudos for making this happen Moz has done a great job.

It reminds me of the Boer War Memorial that used to stand in Ward Jackson Park in Hartlepool. Unfortunately only the plinth remains now, although there is a fund raising campaign to replace it.

Might just have to have one to make the Boer war memorial in Hartlepool.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    boer war statue.jpg
    Grod, chailey and Scotty like this.
  6. chailey Active Member

England
    That would make a hell of a good conversation but the open jacket and bandolier might be a tad tricky...
  7. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland

Was the memorial moved or was it destroyed? Would Moz be willing to scale up to that?
    Scotty.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Scotty,
    It was a full size bronze that was stolen in the late sixties I think. He was cut off at the ankles and probably ended up in scrap yard and melted down:(.
    There is a fundraising campaign under way to replace it with another slightly different version, the target is £25,000.
    cheers
    Richie
    Grod, chailey, Helm and 1 other person like this.
  9. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great memorial and such a shame it's gone. Suitable for lottery funding perhaps.
    Gordon
  10. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Gordon,
    Let's just hope that what ever funding sources it comes from it happens. The original was done solely by public subscriptions lets hope the public and some bigger backers make this happen.
    Will you have any of the Gentleman in khaki kits at Leeds??? If you do keep me one aside(y). I feel a trip to the park coming on to photograph the plinth.
    cheers
    Richie
    Grod likes this.