1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120mini

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by dinovision79, Aug 4, 2010.

1. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi,

did anybody do business with Andy Punshon (120mini.com) recently? I ordered a figure some months ago, but got no figure and no reply...

Maurice's figures are really nice, but their distribution seems problematic for various reasons all the time :) :mad:

I really liked that figure, besides this it doesn't hurt much, just curious.
    Thanks
    Denes
  2. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Denes,

send me the details of what you should of had, which figure etc and when ordered . I'm seeing maurice tomorrow so can try and find out for you.

Stuart
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Stuart; ask him if he is still planning to send me the new set of hands he promised me on June 18th for the Dragoon (Mike Meehan Tulsa, OK). I am not ready to start bashing their company just yet as it seems like they are trying but gees I am really close.
  4. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This is a bit deja vu !
    chippy
  5. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    I noticed their site was suspended a few days ago and a few alarms bells started to ring.

I asked for a new bren Gun mag for the Parachute Regiment 1944 figure and this has never arrived, had to make a poor copy from the green stuff.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Sounds like I will have to re-sculpt the hands myself. It really is a shame that the are eff'ing up so bad.
  7. normanG New Member

Germany
    I have the same probleme, i have ordered the dragoon and waiting since may, i got no answer.
  8. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello,

I spoke to maurice yesterday and have passed on your details etc.

He told me to give you his e mail which is moz1409@hotmail.co.uk and to contact him directly.

Maurice is as fed up with the situation as you all are ,so much so that he has told me that he has decided to take full control of the buisness etc so that these problems can be rectified and people will stop blaiming him for things which he has no idea about

Please feel free to contact him at his mail address and I'm sure your problems will be resolved

Stuart
  9. dinovision79 Active Member

Hey Stu,

thanks for your help! :)

Denes
  10. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I bought a FJ figure off ebay from Andy about a year ago. One of the hands was missing. I sent an email, and within a week or so the missing part arrived. I thought at the time that 'Andy' and 'Maurice' were one and the same.

It's not unusual for creative people to have no business head.

In the same vein successful and rich business people tend to be talentless, thoughtless knob ends.

I think Maurice should go back to putting his casts on ebay, in that way he gets to control the output (IE you only sell what has actually been cast), rather than having to fulfill advance orders.

Just thought I'd throw that in....Friday night and all that ...been on the el vino!

Cheers me dears!
    Jon.
  11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... well I did receive everything I ordered a few months ago, it took a long time though before I received everything, I had to shake the trees quite hard to wake AMP miniatures up ... I hope it can all be sorted out as Maurice Corry is a good sculptor.
  12. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I have an update. My replacement hands showed up yesterday!
  13. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    I will be giving 120minis a miss from now on, not very reliable at all.
  14. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You're quite within your rights Rob, but you didn't explain why?
  15. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    I am not going spend £100 on a set of figures that might not turn up. Plus I am not going to go through the palarver of getting them sorted- thats the producers job- if they cant manage to provide a service then dont bother trying.
  16. dinovision79 Active Member

Got no reply from Maurice either (thanks for trying Stu), maybe in some months the package turns up unexpectedly?! A pity, it looked like a nice figure...:confused:
  17. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Was looking at the 200mm German Paratrooper Crete- looks superb- but would it turn up?
  18. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello all
    having ordered the para and payed with paypal directly afterwards,i did read this with some concern.
    so i contacted mr. corry about his contact site on the web site from where i ordered it.
    this morning i had two replies in my mail box.
    he wrote that he has changed the casting company as the supplier and that he is about to post the order this day.
    so from my point i can only say,its the way i would expect from any any company.
    when the figure is here i will post it here.
    best regards
  19. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Maurice announced the "new management" on 120mini website. Apparently he bought the business from Andy and he'll take care of sculpting, casting and shipping the parcels himself. I would say it is good news!

Mario
  20. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Hopefully this is the way ahead as the figures are superb!