1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

120 mm Verlinden chopper crew man

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Bert Takken, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Just started with this figure because the 1/9 Mirage figure wouldn't work with me, What ever I tried, it's seems like a disaster, so I put it for a while behind bars ;)
    I painted the choppercrewman with oil, both fflesh and jacket, trousers still in base color.
    The jacket needs some white highlights for what I see on my pics.Furhter the shadowlines are missing but these are aplied when the figgie is ready
    The flesh looks redisch but in real it's a sunbrowned guy
    Please give me all your comment, pos and negs, I can live with them :lol:

Bert
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Pete_H New Member

Looking good, Bert! What are your formulas for the two different greens? I'm really curious.
  3. Automata Member

United-States
    Bert,

Nice job! I especially like the face. He has a Latino or Native American look to him - unusual for modern U.S. figures for some reason.

Barry
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bert!

Great job so far. I would suggest not using white to lighten your greens, maybe use a pale yellow like naples yellow, unless you want it to look colorless and faded. The Naples yellow will keep the green a little better while still lighting it up. Although I am not an oil painter, I may be completely wrong here, but that is what I do with acrylics so it should work with oils as well!
  5. Pete_H New Member

Anders, my friend, Naples Yellow is a very good way to go when highlighting OD green.

Not bad .... for a painter from the dark side ;)
  6. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    honestly, Pete, I don't know. As allways, I just mix some colors and forget the mixratio's
    I normally start with olive green and mix this with some ocre yellow and a bit blue, after that I got a base what I use for a final mix, sometimes a bit burnt sienna, sometimes cad yellow till I got the color of my taste.

Thanks for the napels yellow tip, Anders, I normally try to get the color for the hoghlightng with base color and cad yellow for the first session and abse with white for the second. On my palet I mix all the time all the colors and find my color, thats probably the reason I can't work with acryl
    Gee, hard to explain in englisch, should be taken some lessons again to speak normal englisch and not the englisch I normaly use by a campfire with a couple of friends and a lot of beer

Barry
    Glad you see the latino-effect, I've tried to get a other face then the steriotype(sp) faces normally painted (uuhhh, not criticisme on the other painters)

bert
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bert,

Don't worry, your english is just fine!

Peteeeeey,

Thanks! I thought it would work. If you just came to the light side you wouldnt have to be in the dark no more :lol:
  8. jaime Member

Spain
    Good job Bert

Cheers

jaime gil