1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

12 new animal models and 2 renewed ones

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by miniNature, Nov 8, 2020.

1. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Hi all!
    I love to show you some of my new animals I uploaded this weekend in multiple scales on my Shapeways page.

I already had a Nile Crocodile and now I created 3 brand new poses:
    One in a high walk position:
    [IMG]
    A sunbathing one:
    [IMG]
    And this one lying in water:
    [IMG]

As I said, I already had a Nile Crocodile, but these I gave it a 2020 upgrade, cause I wasn’t happy anymore with that old model:
    [IMG]
    And the new one as comparison:
    [IMG]

I also created a 2.0 version of the Greater Kudu, also a quite old model of mine that didn’t meet my requirements anymore. Here the old and new shots:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I created also a new dog, this time a Wire Fox Terrier, in a shape that’s not that extreme selective bred.
    [IMG]

Next is the Humpback Whale, you can find at my shop in 6 different poses. Here 2 of them, a swimming and a breaching one:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And last, but hopefully not least (cause it took quite some time to accomplish:p) a peacock with its train in folded, but also a displaying position:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Hope you’ll like them all!:)

Attached Files:

2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic looking animals, that Crocodile in the water with the Greater Kudu could make a great diorama.
    Cheers
    Steve
    miniNature, Babelfish and jai like this.
  3. dmcHobbes Active Member

United-States
    Great looking animals. Finishing up a Jack Russell Terrier 1/9th scale from your line (family member). Figures look just as good in person. Peacock displaying is tempting. Neighborhood location has an albino along with regular peacock.

Doug
    miniNature likes this.
  4. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    I have received some of the pieces from this range for review and now that my health is back to normal again, I will be tackling them in the coming week with some out of box review videos on FB Page & My Custom Dioramics YouTube Channel and then base coated samples as well. From what I have seen so far they are great, and a very welcomed offering to our hobby market. The fact they can be up scaled is great.
    Mike - The Kiwi and miniNature like this.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    These are fantastic
    miniNature likes this.
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful artwork.

They have crocodiles in Florida too -

Mike
    miniNature and dmcHobbes like this.
  7. NeilH Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic creatures you have created.
    Having seen a Nile Croc in Lake Nasser they sure are a beast!
    Neil
    miniNature likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb animals. Even the old versions of the croc and the kudu are excellent, but these new versions are on another level.

- Steve
    Oda and miniNature like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    These are all great but that Peacock displaying is something else ......if that's cast then WOW!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Oda and miniNature like this.
  10. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    These are superb!.......that peacock display one would be a challenge.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
    miniNature likes this.
  11. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Thank you all guys! :D

Thanks Nap! I don't think it will cast, but that's the great thing about 3D printing, there is no need for it. All shapes are possible cause they are printed in a printing bed of nylon powder for the cheaper plastic, so all the support material can be dusted away and for the more expensive detailed material, the support material is a printed wax, so they melt the support away before they ship the print. So with this technique there is also no need for ensemble the model, all animals are printed in one piece :)

For who's interested, here you can see how the nylon based White Natural Versatile Plastic is printed by Shapeways:

And here you can see the Smooth Fine Detail Plastic (which back in the day when they uploaded this video, was called Frosted Detail Plastic):
    Nap and dmcHobbes like this.
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    No gnus? That's good gnus!

Prost!
    Brad
    miniNature and Nap like this.
  13. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I love your work! I wish I could buy them all. Keep it up!
    -Gerald
    miniNature likes this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

Exceptional works all of them but the peacock indeed is simply superb!!!!!!

Oda.
    miniNature and Nap like this.
  15. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Thanks! Really appreciate this!:D

Haha! In fact there is something true in what you said, cause I'm working on a whole river crossing collection of gnus with the crocodiles. For that reason I upgraded the crocs and my wildebeests will get a facelift too :p
    theBaron, Nap and Oda like this.
  16. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, I remembered a song from a children's show, from when I was a kid-"No gnus is good gnus!" Ah, those were the days!

Prost!
    Brad
    miniNature likes this.
  17. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    A 1/35 whale! Great, now I can do this scene: D6D8F714-B77A-4B5F-A182-BDB22205E465.jpeg B4CEB008-24BE-4D6C-85A9-599845284C67.jpeg
    miniNature likes this.