1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

11th Hussar Officer, Crimea

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BobLff257, Oct 28, 2010.

1. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is my first serious attempt at painting with acrylics. The face was painted in enamels. This is a 90mm figure sculpted by Alan Ball for Imperial Gallery, soon to be released. Hope you like it, please feel free to comment.

Rob

Attached Files:

2. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    First time with acrylic..!!...wish mine had been this good..they always looked like the bottom of a dogs foot..!!! Nice work..love the braid....well done mate.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I want one!
  4. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi Rob,
    amazing miniature in some detail, first contact with acrylic? did very well in comparison with the oils, just the lighting to be what is possible to look over the details.
    Did very well and we expect your next miniature ..
    Very good

Alexandros
  5. raty Member

United-States
    hi i like the new figuer it look good !!.ok speak to you soon raty.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a stunning figure.
    Your painting looks good.

Marc
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good to me also.
    Cheers
    John
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Rob, you've crossed over to the dark side mate. Excellent figure, loads of lovely details and a real arrogance to the pose- typical of Hussars. I wish you well with it.
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work, looking forward to see more acrylic painting!!
    chris
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great figure indeed. I really like it a lot.
    Also your first acrylic approach looks very promising my friend.

Xenofon
  11. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very cool start !, me too not an old discipline for me,but am enjoying using acrylics across the board.(y)
  12. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hi! Rob.
    Amazing painting of the details!
    Gorgeous and beautifulness.
    Excellent sculpting and Great painting.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  13. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Friends,

Thank you all for your very encouraging and kind remarks. I really like the acrylics but soon had to learn not to be careless with the brushes. Several times I accidently got a brush mark of gold across the arm which I had to repaint again due to the paint drying so quick. So now on to the next project. Again thanks all.

Rob
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Great paint job....my mild criticism of the sculpt would be that a Crimean Hussar would not have been wearing a slung pelisse unless he was posing for a picture by Fenton. Note sure he would have been wearing his ceremonial sabretache in the field either. But it looks the period in any case and who can argue with that uniform.....probably my fave in history.

Colinin
  15. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Rob,

Good effort with the acrylics, not easy to get away with them in 90mm but you have made a really good job of this. When can I get my hands on one of these?
    Keith
    BobLff257 likes this.
  16. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree Colin ,the original concept was the flambouyant Cardigan, but I like the idea of Fenton passing and asking him to strike the pose. I have read that Cardigan wore the pelisse during the charge. I have to put it on the website and then its available, and I will post in Pf " News " Thanks again for your kind comments.

Rob
  17. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paintwork Rob!

Cheers,
    Marcel.