1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 11th Bengal Lancer Officer ( Probyn's Horse ) 1890 1.54 Creation

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAXIMO, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi at all
    I like to present you my new work of a Bengal Officer
    Probyn's Horse was originally raised in 1857 by Capt.F.Wale, and sometimes known as "Wales Horse", the regiment later became 1st Regiment Sikh Irregular Cavalry and later again, was known as Probyn's Horse after one of its early commandants, Lt.Col. D.M.Probyn, V.C., who joined the regiment in 1860.
    The dress of this regiment was also one of the most spectacular and extravagant. In 1864 when the regiment was completely converted to a Lancer regiment, a new kurta was authorised for undress, to which gold lace had been very generously added. The cummerbund was of red Kashmir wool with gold laced and patterned ends. A dark blue pugri with gold striping was wound around a red and gold embroidered kullah. The regiment became the 11th Bengal Cavalry (Lancers.
    I create the soldier over some spare parts, then I sculpt with putty all the Indian stile uniform details: the kurta, the dark blue pugri ad the red cummerbund. I also did arms, hands, gloves, belts,.and sword ,
    The Historex horse was transformed in some parts: and over him I sculpt the all equipment: the bridle, saddle, the blanket, the crine and tail

I painted with acrylic and oil.

I’ll appreciate and welcome all yours comments

Regards
    Adriano

CIMG3236.JPG

CIMG2701.JPG CIMG2704.JPG CIMG2724.JPG CIMG2727.JPG CIMG2739.JPG CIMG2750.JPG CIMG3230.JPG CIMG3227.JPG CIMG3231.JPG CIMG3235.JPG CIMG3230.JPG CIMG3238.JPG CIMG3239.JPG

Attached Files:

2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks very good. Well done sculpt.
    Thanx for the WIP pics... I have something similar starting, these were very helpful.

Colin
  3. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thanks Colin for the comment.
    I gained many images and informations about the subget if you need it just let know.
    Regards
    Adriano
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx much. It's not so much the subject as the conversion/sculpting process. I am converting/sculpting some Historex and Airfix figs and I like seeing how others approach the work.

Colin
  5. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Adriano,

I love this subject and your excellent conversion. It is very colourful and I also am a fan of Historex/Airfix conversions. Your simple groundwork really brings this figure to life.

Rgds Victor
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An excellent sculpt. Well done.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good sculptwork.

marc
  8. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely sculpted Adriano. I love the subject matter.
  9. swralph A Fixture

nice sculpt
  10. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi Victor, Blid Pew, Marc, Mikes and Swralph,
    my thanks to all of you for the kinds comments.
    Regards

Adriano
  11. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Beautiful figure .
  12. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thanks Mariobusta, Iam glad you like it

Regards
    Adriano