1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

101st Airborne - Normandy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pete Wenman, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Another Mike Roberts Ltd figure

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This one painted in oils

Pete
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Pete. Your groundwork sets the figure off as well. Look forward to seeing more (y)
  3. Manfred Active Member

Good work.
    I haven't yet finished mine.

In my opinion a really outstanding 54 mm by Michael Roberts.
  4. Pete_H New Member

Pete - looks good. Which khaki undercoat did you use for the uniform? Vallejo? Humbrol? Tamiya? I'm also curious as to how you did the groundwork, particularly the grass. What material is that? I like how the grass looks thick and wind-tossed.

This is, indeed, one of Michael Roberts' finest pieces, if not the finest figure depicting the US Airborne in Normandy on the market. The attention to detail is very good, right down to the luminescent disk on the side of the helmet. I do need to point out, though, that the 101st. Airborne did not wear any US flags on their shoulders during Operation Overlord. This is a minor detail that a little sanding can't fix.
  5. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    Pete hi, for this figure I used Humbrol 121 as the primer/undercoat.

Cause I'm a cheapskate this is rough string (sizzle ?) used in gardens here in the UK. I cut it to length, and then unravel it. Its planted in white glue over pre-painted groundwork, and painted using both a brush and airbrush.

HTH

Pete