1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

101st airborne figure modification

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by theophilus, Mar 1, 2004.

1. theophilus New Member

Hi all, first real posting on this board. I've been reading a ton and there's a lot of excellent work shown here. I'm looking for your feedback and, perhaps, guidance as I engage my first "sculpting" project. I'm converting the Dragon 1/16 scale "Screaming Eagle" paratrooper.

The kit figure comes with his arms down at his waist level holding his M1. He has no helmet and only rudimentary equipment.

I'm hoping to change his arms to a firing position and add a helmet and other small details. Here's what I have so far. I started working a bit in Magic sculp, but I'm still getting the hang of it.

Any advice on creating folds in the left arm bicep area and such would be most helpful.

Thanks!
    Scott

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]