1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

101st Airborne figure conversion: pt 2

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by theophilus, Mar 9, 2004.

1. theophilus New Member

Here's part 2 of my conversion project. I know the pics are not great, but it's all I got. I'd appreciate any advice or comments. The level of work produced by this sits's membership would be a great asset to a newbie like me. I appreciate your help.
    So, here's the original figure as produced by dragon. It's 1/16th scale plastic, hollow body.
    [IMG]
    I wanted to move him to a firing position. So I cut and relocated fingers and arms. I had to completely resculpt his right shoulder and bicep. I filed down and resculpted the folds of his left bicep to make it more convincing for the new pose. Finally, I gave him a new hair-do to reflect the dissheveled look of a sweaty soldier in clothes that don't breathe.

Most of the hair will be covered by his helmet, but the messiness should show.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Thanks for all the help!
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Scott,
    I don't usually comment too much on the sculpting side (cause I just paint em) but had to add to your post that it looks great at this point. Keep up the terrific work.

guy
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent work! (y)

You captured the look great! and an improvemnet over the original
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is looking great! You really captured the pose. Looking forward to see it painted!
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    i love that pose more than the original one! good work!