1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 101ST AIRBORNE AT CARENTAN, JUNE 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ski, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work....
  2. JasonB Moderator

United-States
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Catching up a bit on things here , love the characters being named and the painting is really looking good.......the US uniform colour is a lesson to learn from ....oh how I wish you used Acrylics ....just saying ...lol

Another great project from you

Looking forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
  4. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you, Warren and Jason!

Sorry Mate, the path of least resistance, oils, kinda like that deer eating my horse's hay in the barn, path of least resistance. :ROFLMAO::D I think it's time for you to cross that great divide from the "dark side" back to the "light side" and become an oiler:eek:,......just sayin.;)

Thanks, Buddy!
    Nap likes this.
  5. NigelR A Fixture

Excellent progress, this is looking really good.
  6. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you, Nigel.
  7. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Great job, Steve!

Cheers!

Dolf
  8. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic work Steve! :)

Cheers,
    Ken
  9. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank, Dolf, Ken, greatly appreciated.
  10. Gary Edmundson Well-Known Member

Canada
    Your progress on this project is wonderful to follow, Steve. I’ve gone through your updates to catch up on this work, and am very impressed indeed. Amazing paint work on the figures!
    Steve Ski likes this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb work Steve.
    It's a pleasure to see how you achieve your effects.
    Many thanks for keeping us 'oilers' happy.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Steve Ski likes this.
  12. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve excellent results with the oils, I know exactly what you are facing with remix matching but your getting there, I wouldn't have your stamina to persevere with so many figures so following on from a previous post that's why I trying to tiptoe over to acrylics, shoosh!:sorry:
    TERRY
    Steve Ski likes this.
  13. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thank you, Gary.

Lol, youbetcha, Buddy!

Thanks, Terry. The oil batch did come out a bit different for Hank, but it's hardly noticeable. When Billy is painted, I'll need to have an exact match, or as close as possible, because he'll be standing right next to Freddie. Working the Highlanders wasn't so difficult, the primary colors made that much easier.

P.S. Terry, I won't tell anybody that you're crossing over to the dark side to acrylics, it'll be our little secret. :mad::eek::ROFLMAO:;)
  14. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hank Reporting for Duty

[IMG]

Hank is ready and in the mood to get busy with this scenario. I’m calling him done minus a slight touch up at the base of his neck and a slight darkening of his bayonet.

Here’s a few in-progress photos before his legs were worked, but the process has been the same as Freddie. The Khaki tone is slightly more towards the tannish tone range compared with Freddie. Billy will be right next to Freddie when I mix the palette for him. Since these two will be right next to each other I don’t want any noticeable tonal variations.

[IMG] [IMG]

Hank will now be set aside in the cabinet to await his fellow jumpers. I really don’t feel like playing with a broken bayonet, so he won’t be staying in the model bunker.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

Thanks for watching and holler if you see anything I may have missed.

Cheers, Ski.
  15. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I swear Hank looks like chesty Puller's twin brother.
    Steve Ski and sd0324 like this.
  16. VisjeMar A Fixture

Excellent work.

Hank looks great
  17. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree Hank looks brilliant and would make an excellent single figure but knowing that there are other figures and a Vehicle in this project the result will be stunning.
    Great work Steve.
    TERRY
  18. NigelR A Fixture

Superb work, Hank looks fantastic!
  19. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I can agree with that, Todd. I've heard quite a few other names, but he does have that 'crusty" no Bravo Sierra look to him, doesn't he?

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Thanks, Terry. I'm already working the veggies and ground work over in my head. That will be the clincher to bring this all together.

Thanks, Nigel!
  20. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hank turned out very nicely Ski, like what you have done with this one.
    Cheers
    Steve