100mm Confederate 3rd Kentucky Infantry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Robert Dominick, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    This is a Drummer Boy Miniatures 100mm 3rd Kentucky Confederate Infantry of the famed Orphan Brigade. Sculpted by Jorge Scorciaffico. It is primed and ready for paint. I was trying to get him released before leaving for Iraq but spent more quality time with my awesome wife and son instead.

I will be posing in progress pictures of the painting. The figure itself will be released late December or Early January.

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Under the circumstances Robert, I think you made a good decision spending quality time with your wife and son.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thats a awesome figure you got there.
    But i think you made the right dissision to spend more time with the familly.

marc
  4. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Nice figure ! Will keep an eye open for it when it's available.

Jorge Scorciaffico - where did I hear the name of this sculptor before ?
  5. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Tony, Definately!
    Marc, Thanks.
    Johan, Thanks. Jorge has sculpted some other figures for me which I posted here before. He also sculpted the Alpine 120mm U.S. paratrooper. I am hopinh to try and get him ready to ship earlier if possible. It will have the primed photo on the box until I get the figure painted. I have minimal painting time over here.
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... yes, of course, that's it ! I knew I had heard the name before ! :)

Well the Alpine 82nd AB figure he did is brilliantly sculpted, perhaps the best figure of a D-Day US para ever done, and from what I've seen on your website this confederate infantryman is very, very good too - reminds me of the S&T 1/16th confederate infantryman, which is also a very good figure.
  7. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Johan,

He has done some 54mm guys for me also. In the Projects/ Workbench section of my website you can see a 100mm mounted confederate cavalry trooper. I just received some more recent update photos of the cavalry trooper and will try to get them posted on the website soon.
    Thanks, Robert
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great looking figure Robert!

Marcel.
  9. georges64 Member

France
    His nickname on PF is masterpuppet ;)

georges64.
  10. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    Marcel,

Thanks. Of course, Jorge did all the hard work.
  11. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    In progress pics

Here are some in progress pictures. I was hoping to have him done by now but have been extremely busy. I am almost done with the uniform. As you can see I am concentraiting on the uniform, blanket and haversack. I also started the rifle and skin tones.

Attached Files: