1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1 down in Civil War dio

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, I have finally finished up one of the figures and will start painting him soon. I am not 100% happy with it but I am glad to have it done. I will decide later if he will become a stand alone figure and then sculpt another officer or just put him in the dio. I have 10 more to go now!:confused:

Thanks for looking and there is a button missing. I wanted to show him well traveled.

Joe

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Joe! Eleven figs? Wow! Any particular action?
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jason,

Not to sure but leaning toward Gettysburg or Chancelorville.

Here are some new pictures. John Long pointed out I had some skinny legs! I think I was using my own for references! !:eek:

Joe

Updated pictures
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, Trouser styles varied some, so you have a little wiggle room. ~Gary
  5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Chancellorsville would be pretty cool. I can see this officer urging his men over the Eleventh Corps breastworks, through their camp, what have you. With this you can add camp equipment, dropped gear, etc....Scared animals, such as rabbits, fox or a deer. There's eyewitness accounts of this. I think Troiani did a painting showing forest critters running before a wave of Rebs.

At Gettysburg, you could do an Emmitsburg Road scene with the officer trying to urge his hunkered down, scared men from the "safety" of the road to the Federal position.

Looking forward to more progress. Thanks for sharing your project.
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Keep on rockin Joe , i think you are going really superb !!!! if the next ones follow this quality you will have a splendid dio !!!!!

Costas
  7. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hello, Joe.
    A nice sculpture.
    Your coat is also pleasant for me.
    A sculpture isn't made at all for me.
    I think so the thing you did is amazing.

Mitsutaka
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good Joe,
    Only a few to go to something really special.

Marc
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looks really good buddy :) Wow 11 figures eh..........you can/will do it with flying colours!!!

Ray ;)
  10. marios1 Active Member

fine joe!!!!!!!

Hi Joe, i like so much your figure and imagine a diorama with other running ten figures....astonished...indeed!!!! In my mind, as soon as i see this figure, me too think that the legs appear a bit skinny...but may be is only an impression....!!!!If you will decide to mould/cast it, i am sure interested in one of each your 11 acw figures!!!!!Thanks for share with us your fine sculpt work.Mario from Italy.
  11. cptan Member

ACW is one of my favourite.... Indead a very detail sculpt and I'm amaze of your courage to plan for (sculpting) 11 figures dio.

Care to share how do U do the buttons? Punch and die?

CPTan
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I was hoping to start painting him this week but I think I need to make a few corrections on him and then I can get at it.

Thanks,

Joe
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Joe,
    Looking forward to following this through to completion, a great start.

Cheers Ken
  14. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Great sculpting!

Hi Joe,you figure is looking very good,looking forward to watch your Dio progress.Love the subject.

All the best,John:)