1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/9th scale EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick Majerus, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is a 1/9 scale EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle). It is a upgrade of my 1/9 scale M14. It has a Sage EBR chassis and retractable, a cheek piece, a floated Picatinny quad-rail fore end, folding bi-pod, scope, and pistol grip. Barrel and bipod are brass tube. Springs on bipod are wire that was wrapped around a small drill bit. Scope was a old paint brush turned down in a drill press. Retractable stock is brass tube, lead sheet, and plastic stock. The Sage chassis stock was made from Magic Sculpt and plastic stock. The EBR will be used with a future figure.

I think that explains it all. Have a great week!

EBR1.jpg

Steve, Ray, mil-mart and 2 others like this.
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nick very nice work on converting this weapon, one of my favourite parts of sculpting is making the rifles etc.

Steve(y)
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    jour kiddin' . . . Alright that is it, . . . I quit. . . very nice.
  4. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Steve and Rick. I plan to add this to a bust latter this year.

Nick
  5. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    looks good Nick; something that is a challenge in itself, is the right weapon, in the right scale....

looks great (y)

Looking forward to seeing a new figure too - you seem to chose different subjects, still great sculpts though!

Cheers
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nick, amazing detail work and I look forward to seeing the figure.(y)

Cheers Ken
  7. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Very cool, Nick. As I said before,you are the man when it comes to sculpting the weapons. Come on down to Iowa and you can shoot one just like it. Looking forward to your new bust.
  8. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys! I'm getting a little slower at turning out stuff, those afternoon naps are slowing down production. LOL!

Nick
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Amazing

How the hell can anyone turn out something as good as this?
  10. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Grant, Thank you for those kind words.

Nick
  11. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Greeat work Nick, I thought that it was1/1 when I saw the photo.
    Carl.
  12. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl, I hope you see this befoe it drops off the page! I think there is one more version of the M14 that I want to do. Then move on to the BAR in 1/9.

Nick