1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/9th "Gebirgsjäger" bust in progress

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Sculptor64, May 23, 2005.

1. Sculptor64 New Member

Hello guys

As I wrote in an mail earlier today I haven't been posting here lately but I just wnated to share a bit what I have been working on from time to time now, I know I'm a slow worker..;)
    Here is a link:

http://gunnar.fotopic.net/c550215.html

It's a 1/9th scale bust of a "Gebirgsjäger" and pls excuse the quality of the photos, this is just a "mock up" and pics taken hastily yesterday evening.
    I will add a ammo puch on right side to and also make a pair of binoculars that will be hanging on the chest.
    I will do some slight reworking and finishing up some details.
    Any comments, hints etc would be really appreciated.

Best regards/ Gunnar
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Excellent work Gunnar! there must have been a lot of work in all those insignia.
    I do wonder though if the head is out of proportion to the width of the shoulders, it looks a bit big.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful work man!

It has a lot of character for sure!! If commercial I am sure I will paint one.

I think Leigh is onto something, he looks a tad skinny, but hey, there are people like that out there.
  4. Sculptor64 New Member

Hello guys

Thank you for the comments I noticed that "proportion" thing also on the pics, but this must be due to the camera setting or something. I had it on macro mode and I think that can get some type distortion in the pics. It doesn't look out of proportion "irl" and these pics where hastily taken yesterday and I don't think the photos I took perhaps really don't do the figure justice if I may say so ;-)
    He is not a "bulky" guy and when looking at photos you you really can see how thin many where then ;-)
    Anyhow when I more and better pics I will post them.

Regards/ Gunnar
  5. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Excellent work Gunnar! I like this bust very much! (y) (y) (y)

All the best

Jacek
  6. lbfactory Well-Known Member

France
    Hi gunnar
    nice to hear you again
    very good sculpt work on this half figure I can't wait to see it painted.
    Is it going to be produced.
    cheers
    Laurent
  7. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Hey Gunnar, good to see you posting again. New sculpt looks great. I recently picked up your fallschirjager kit from warriors. Nice kit. Keep up the good work.
    Rob
  8. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Gunnar,

Great work, as always!

What I am wondering is why you don't just complete the rest of the figure! These "half-figure" busts seem strange to me. Once the belt and some equipment are added, it no longer seems to be a "bust". It is neither a proper bust or a proper figure. At this point it is not that much harder to add a pair of legs. You are almost there! I think he would look great posed on a big rock.

The head does look a bit big to me too. Anyway, great expression, fabulous work! I am glad to see that you are still at it!

Cheers!!

Mike
  9. Sculptor64 New Member

Hello again Guys

thank you for your comments, I think I have to take new pics as when I look the head does look a bit big, but thats due to badly taken pics and as I said not "irl" :)
    Nice to hear from you Mike, it sure was a long time we spoke and yes I´m still at it ;)
    Regarding as you said "half figures" I couldn't decide where to "cut" the figure as I thought I needed both arms in this pose and therefore it turned up like this.
    Maybe I could continue to do a whole figure but I also want to finish it and start me next figure wich I think will be a full figure of a Hitlerjugend sniper in Normandy.
    I will post some pics of german helmets that I have done together with a head (unbearded ;)).
    One plain and one with SS-camocover.

thanks again

Regards/ Gunnar
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent sculpting, very expressive facial features!

all the best,
    Dan
  11. Einion Well-Known Member

Hey Gunnar, good to see you again :)

The sculpt looks great, I like the wrinkling and the details all look really well done. The face is very nice but I think that right hand is even better (y)

Einion