1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/9 Waffen SS Operation Nordwind 1945

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dr Force, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Having completed the large scale scene in the Ardennes, I picked up this Jeff Shui figure (review is here https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/jeff-shui-1-9-ww2-german-w-stg-44.642899/ ) which I will do as a single piece on bespoke base.

Operation Nordwind was to support the Ardennes offensive which began Dec 31st 1944 and failed on the 25th Jan 1945.

I’ll do thick snow this time and white wash the lid……might stick in a fence or barbed wire for some interest

IMG_1586.jpeg

Time for the clean up!
    Hammond_Lord, Scotty, malc and 11 others like this.
  2. Briggsy A Fixture

Promises to be another enjoyable thread, I'm in.

Cheers Simon
    Merryweather and Dr Force like this.
  3. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    speedy Gonzales at work LOL ,but I should better keep my mouth, im also do some same things
    att one time,it's a very nice looking figure (y)
    Mario
    Dr Force likes this.
  4. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    Looks like the castings have improved 100 fold, wonder if he found a better caster cause the last one was not doing any justice to those amazing sculpts.

Dr Force likes this.
  5. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It’s pretty good but not perfect.

See my review, although I am scoring it high overall, I scored the casting 7 due to slippage and air pockets, however it’s a really nice figure imo.
    Nap likes this.
  6. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Looking forward to seeing how you finish this one, especially the Zeltbahn camo colour..
    Dr Force likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Me too , Tea and biscuit supply sorted

Happy benchtime

Nap
    marco14 and Dr Force like this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No denying this will be a very impressive figure once built and painted. Looking forward to seeing your work on this.

- Steve
    Dr Force likes this.
  9. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Arms sculpted in, all parts fitted nicely but I stress again that these are not plug and play figures. The joints need some sculpting skill but once you have that mastered, the rest goes together well. I did have to use a bit of sculpt on the sleeve at the Stg butt, so it would sit nicely in to the hand.

I hit with spot primer earlier to spot the defects so a bit more tidying up to do.

Stg 44 and glove are not primed as I need to wait for the replacement ammo mag from Jeff and it will be fitted last so I can paint the magazine pouches. I also need to put on the barrel sights etc. Once in position I will sculpt in the thumb and paint the gloves/weapon last.

Joints are not pinned for the arms, just epoxy resin and filled with Apoxie Sculpt.

IMG_1604.jpeg IMG_1605.jpeg IMG_1607.jpeg
    Lasalle, Ferris, NigelR and 7 others like this.
  10. Briggsy A Fixture

Lovely figure once it's all put together.

Cheers Simon
    Dr Force likes this.
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It certainly is Simon.

I admire Jeff’s skill, however the compromise is to put a bit of work in before the brush hits.
    Nap and Briggsy like this.
  12. Briggsy A Fixture

A small price to pay for figures this good.

Cheers Simon
    Dr Force likes this.
  13. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This should paint up nicely, will be following along.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Dr Force likes this.
  14. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Most excellent, Dave, Ruck On!
    Dr Force likes this.
  15. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Steve

Thank you for your interest buddy
  16. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Dave

Nice update on the build , Figure looks good made up ....the end result seems to make the prep work involved well worth it

Looking forward to seeing more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Dr Force likes this.
  17. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you

If you spend some time just cleaning areas and touching up the 0dd defect, they really do shine in the end.
  18. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Figure cleaned and a few bits Resculpted but overall he’s pretty good. I need to score in some seam lines at the rear arms and there is the odd defect I want to smooth out in the Zelt and weapon, but for now I’ll let him set waiting for my base and the missing magazine!

IMG_1743.jpeg IMG_1744.jpeg IMG_1745.jpeg IMG_1746.jpeg
    Lasalle, David Spencer, Nap and 6 others like this.
  19. Briggsy A Fixture

Really is an outstanding figure, I've had a good look at the boots in particular and wow.

Cheers Simon
    Dr Force likes this.
  20. marco14 PlanetFigure Supporter

Belgium
    if you see it on picture,it looks a very nice one and a lot of details,but you can see that better ,but
    if this one is going to be painted it's gonna looks great,have fun (y)

Mario
    Dr Force likes this.