1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/9 Scots Grey bust with horse head

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jimbo, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    I've not posted any of my work of late so thought I'd show just one of the many models that I'm working on at the moment,
    It's a CGS miniatures 1/9 Scots Grey Bugler with a Horses head from Siskin miniatures added,
    The Figure is only undercoated at the moment awaiting oils and the horse has only been primed in grey, so still a long way to go with this one, the horse head has been altered into a more stretched pose, plus the mouth has been opened up and re-sculpted, I hope to try and get some paint on the bugler sometime this week, if I'm left alone by the missus and not conscripted to have to go last minute Christmas shopping!:wtf:
    It's been tricky trying to create a base to suit but I think this one will work, it's home made from two pieces of English Yew that I have carved away at and I hope to be able to blend the neck & chest of the horse into the wood of the base with miliput, as you can see this is still in it's early stage at the moment.
    I've added a blanket roll out of milliput onto the nape of the horses neck to try & join the horse and rider together so they don't look like to separate pieces.
    Anyway like I said still a long way to go but the basics are there now, the photos are not great but I hope they show a rough idea of where I'm going with this, I'll and try and remember to post updated photos as I proceed forward with this model.

Cheers to all and a Merry Christmas(y)
    Jim P1070606.JPG P1070607.JPG P1070609.JPG P1070613.JPG P1070616.JPG
    Erbay, jakbwrhr, Ferris and 22 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Jimbo

Good to see you posting this , certain,y a imposing project and a lot of thought has obviously gone into it .

Looking forward to seeing more on this

Happy bench time and Joyeaux Noel and all that !

Nap
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see come to fruition Jimbo, looking superb.
    peedee, anstontyke and Jimbo like this.
  4. Barrie Harris Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Like what you' v done to the horse' s head, making it more true to life . They both go together really well, well done . As they said fab ,superb effort .
    Me personally not to sure on the base .
    Barrie (Newbee).
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Jimbo,
    Great use of a base,
    looking forward to following this one

Mick
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Well that's a different approach, I love it (y)!

Joe
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks for your comments chaps..much appreciated(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    peedee and anstontyke like this.
  8. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Great composition and use of natural wood, think it's going to look fantastic when it's finished.
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. MaxTheDoc PlanetFigure Supporter

Italy
    Very original, I like it.
    I wait to see it finished.
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I think this looks great and can see this whole package gradually blended into the natural wood sculpted base.Keep up the good work.

Wayne
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the encouragement & kind comments, glad you like it so far(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  12. winfield Active Member

Brilliant
  13. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Concur with all the above. A nice conversion and I like the way for have moulded the base to fit the models - great way to tie the two together. Looking forward to seeing progress on it. I'll lay London to a brick you get dragged out for some more shopping - its in their genes.

Chris
  14. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks guys your comments are much appreciated.
    Chris, I'm fighting back regarding the shopping using any excuse available Ha!(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    peedee likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England

Well done that man ..hold your ground ! .....a forelorn hope!

'Ere your not using me as an excuse .......see you Wednesday

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  16. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice. Good to see the throat lash is correctly loose.
    peedee likes this.
  17. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Kev ...Absolutely mate ....any excuse not to go shopping! (y)
    See ya Wed
    Cheers
    Jim
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  18. tock24 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Will the area between the rider and the base/horse be filled in? Think it might need it personally.
    Ian
    peedee likes this.
  19. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi Ian
    Yes I will fill that gap between the rider and the blanket roll to try and bring both horse & rider together, just trying to figure out the best way to do it, I might try and add part of the saddle maybe?? Not sure yet so I'm open to ideas.
    Cheers
    Jim(y)
    peedee likes this.
  20. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Problem solved, just brought the rider down onto the base a little bit more which has closed the gap up between the riders belt buckle and the blanket roll, will show more photos as I progress with it all.
    Cheers
    Jim:)
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.