1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/9 scale Lance Sergeant, Grenadier Guards, 1914

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MCPWilk, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Waterman Active Member

That's ok Kevin, you were not to know, there is no offense taken mate. If you find a load of Gobblygook on here from time to time,then it is our Jack. When it's from me I try to keep it more legible. Lol.
    Funky50 likes this.
  2. Foxwood Figures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Just picked up on this thread after my weekend break.

I received the master today and I can confirm that the master is every bit as good as Mike's pictures suggest: this really is a cracking figure and will make into a superb model. I don't think customers will be disappointed!

With Terry's on-going health issue, I have to outsource all of our casting so I need to check with our casters, but I am hoping to include it in our February batch (the January batch was posted in December!). All I can say at this point is that the release date should be no later than April with the possibility of it being much sooner. I will let you know via PF.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and especial thanks to Mike Wilkinson for producing another cracking figure for us. Thank you Mike.

Regards,

Jackie
    Foxwood Figures
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Waterman Active Member

Thanks for that info Jackie, I will deffinately have one of those beauties off of you. That is my scale for a figure, just right for my eyes.
  4. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Ditto, will be looking forward to it.
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have now received the first castings and cleaned them up. In the end I decided to place the blanket over the belt than below it. The available references are somewhat contradictory. On exercise I suspect the blanket was carried below the belt with a canteen on top. Bearskins or caps were worn when on exercise, the trousers being tucked into gaiters, not puttees.

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (A).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (B).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (C).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (D).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (E).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (F).jpg

200mm Lance Sergeant Grenadier Guards 1914  casting (G).jpg

Happy modelling,

Mike
  6. Foxwood Figures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Apologies for the delay in updating this thread, especially as Keith at Victory Miniatures dropped every thing to produce some castings for us earlier this month. The castings - and they are big castings - are all packed in large white, blank, boxes and ready to go. The problem is the box artwork!

Mike mentioned above that the available references are somewhat contradictory on the placement of the blanket: we have received queries on two of the first three figures sold regarding the position of the blanket roll on our illustrative figure supplied in our box art guide, and the position of the straps on the roll.

The delay is that we have simply been trying to get it absolutely right before releasing the kit to the open market, and we cannot produce any amended (if needed) art work until we clarify the queries mentioned!

We hope to have this resolved ASAP and will then come back to you when available.

Jackie
    Foxwood Figures
  7. Waterman Active Member

Will you announce on here when it is available Jackie, as I want one please?
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking excellent and waiting for a release date.
    Bob
  9. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The figure is now available from Foxwood.

Mike
  10. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Is there a website link as Google can't find one, thanks.
  11. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glad to see it released as a kit. I will certainly buy one!
  12. Waterman Active Member

How much is it, and where do we send our money to??
  13. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ventress likes this.
  14. Waterman Active Member

Thanks for that Mike, Will Do.
  15. Foxwood Figures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    We have resolved the uncertainty we had with the blanket roll and strap ends because, in a most unlike Guards situation, we have period photos showing the blanket roll in both positions - of being placed on the belt and underneath the belt, with the strap ends positioned accordingly!

Mike has completed a new master blanket roll with altered strap ends, and these have been passed to Keith at Victory Miniatures for casting. We will therefore provide both options and the modeller can decide which to use. However, in all honesty, the existing blanket roll can be used for either position, simply being reversed and the carefully moulded/cast in situ strap ends being removed (sorry Keith after all the care you took to get them cast in situ in the first place!).

As such, the kit is therefore officially available now, in it's current format, albeit without box/ kit art demonstrating the alternative positions of the blanket rolls (although Mike's pictures above cover both options anyway).

Price is £60 plus £5 UK postage. Please contact me by email at foxwoodfigures@btinternet.com for payment details or overseas shipping costs.

Finally, for those of you still frustrated at not being able to contact us as easily as required, can I just say that we are still reluctant to set up our website due to on-going uncertainty over our stock levels. With my husbands continuing chronic health issues, we have to outsource all of our casting - both resin and white metal. This means that we don't have as much control over our stock and figure availability as we would like and fear having to list too many figures as being "unavailable" on a website. For example, we just had to wait 5 months for some white metal castings that have prevented us from listing 9 figures.
    We feel that we simply cannot yet provide the level of service that customers would demand if we went live with a website and therefore have to continue only putting forward what we have in stock.

Having said that, we have started using two different resin casters that are hopefully correcting this position: all we need now is a decent white metal caster! Is their one out there? (Annoyingly, we have the complete set of equipment - press, spinner and melt pot - in an almost new condition that we have not been able to use due to my husbands illness!).

So please bear with us and email me with what you are looking for. We will see what we can do for you!

Regards,

Jackie
    Foxwood Figures
    peedee likes this.
  16. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm hoping to put down the Milliput this week and pick up a paintbrush. The main colours have been blocked in. The SMLE is already underway (oil over Humbrol sand) and is currently drying next to the boiler (!).

Underway 5.jpg

Happy painting.

Mike
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Mike,

That is looking great already ,tidy base colours .

Looking forward to seeing more

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  18. Waterman Active Member

Thanks for posting Mike, you have been a great help to me. Now I can see exactly how everything fits together. One point, the Badge on the Greatcoat, was it Brass, or embroidered in colour? Everything looks superb mate. Regards Bob.
  19. Funky50 Guest

Hello Bob the Valise Plate / Greatcoat Plate was of Brass so should be a bit easier to paint....Kevin
  20. Funky50 Guest

By the way the greatcoat roll is shown in the Painted pictures upside down the crown on the valise plate should be uppermost ....Kevin
    martin tabony likes this.