1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/9 Russian Tank Crew

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by martinmack, Dec 31, 2010.

1. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Hi all. I sat down to work on Sally the dog for the Johnnie Johnson sculpt but couldn't make any headway on that, so I got distracted and started a Russian tank crewman in 1/9 scale. He's only just getting going, but I think I'm heading the right way toward capturing the character of the subject. Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated. Thanks for taking a look and Happy and healthy New Year to everyone.

Attached Files:

SRP and Renéduret like this.
  2. neill Active Member

United-States
    Nicely done... great character inthe face and nice detail on the tanker helmet. Look forward to more Neill
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great start Martin (y)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Indeed a great start.
    Looking forward to your sculptwork.

marc
  5. martinmack New Member

United-States
    A little more progress on the head and helmet...I'd like to have him chewing on a piece of straw or wheat. Anyone have any ideas how to do that in 1/9 scale? I'm thinking photoetch might work if there's anything that's appropriately scaled?

[IMG]
    Martin Rohmann and gordy like this.
  6. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Martin....great sculpt....!!
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Martin. You could try having a look at dried flowers for your piece of straw/wheat, just an idea.
    Carl.
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Excellent head !
    So alive...
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Is that sculpey ?
  10. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Hi Gordy, yes, it's Super Sculpey firm...I really like it to work in since I like to rework things a lot and having no time restraints really helps.
  11. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Re: 1/9 Russian Tank Crew, body started

Started on the body for the Russian tank crewman....basic shapes are in, now the fun of adding the details starts..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    gordy likes this.