1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 1/9 Kettenhund (Chain Dogs)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kaz6120, Apr 13, 2017.

1. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I used the Zundapp and found that anatomy wise the riders legs were too short to reach the ground so I think the bikes are a bit on the large side but you look like you got around the problem well with your figure.
  2. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    I see. Yes you maybe right. I dug up the butt deeper, to make it look "sitting". The seat should sink deeper when sitting so it needs shorted springs but I decided not to do it. I wanted to leave the Zunpdapp as it is, straight from the box.
    So I dug it up deeper to make legs long enough to reach the ground.

As you can imagine, fitting was really really difficult.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  3. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Lookin' good! (y)(y)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  4. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Mike, Thanks a lot for your warm compliment, I'm glad! :)
  5. MrBMB A Fixture

A Kettenkrad figure as well please :)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  6. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    I received a copy of mine from Paul@ModelCellar, so I assembled a figure and applied a primer coat to show you how it looks. hope you like.
    IMG_4743.jpg IMG_4703.jpg IMG_4728.jpg
  7. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    I'm working on making BMW version now.

IMG_4762.jpg IMG_4765.jpg IMG_4766.jpg IMG_4760.jpg
  8. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    BMW version has been finished. I made it to fit Italeri's 2016 re-released version, which is newly casted in fresh plastic, solid tires and strong seat spring.
    IMG_4821.jpg IMG_4820.jpg IMG_4777.jpg Italeri-BMW-R75.jpg
    stoffy01, gforceman, bond090 and 2 others like this.
  9. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Very cool
    Just a thought, how about an optional right arm holding the handlebars or petting the dog, instead of holding the MP-40? That would be cool.
    stoffy01 and kaz6120 like this.
  10. bond090 Active Member

Nice Kaz !
    You make me save money because I will not have to buy an overpriced zundapp !
    Btw I just received your german officer from cgs today, a first class figure ! ;)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  11. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Thanks for your opinion, JasonB, That may be another good option. :)

Yes that's why I've done this, bond090. Re-released Italeri boxes are easy to get in cheaper price now, and better plastic. Here's mine, I've done detail works a little bit, and it looks great even today can't believe it's originally designed 46 years ago! Hope they will re-release Zündapp too.
    IMG_4847.jpg IMG_4849.jpg

I'm happy to hear that, thanks! I'm looking' forward to see you finish it. :)
    I heard some problems on assembling the dog, so please note use hot water to fix the deformation and use putty to fill the gaps.
    bond090 likes this.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work on the R75 Kaz, did you replace the spokes on the wheels ?

Steve
    kaz6120 likes this.
  13. bond090 Active Member

Yes that's why I've done this, bond090. Re-released Italeri boxes are easy to get in cheaper price now, and better plastic. Here's mine, I've done detail works a little bit, and it looks great even today can't believe it's originally designed 46 years ago! Hope they will re-release Zündapp too.
    View attachment 290627 View attachment 290628

I'm happy to hear that, thanks! I'm looking' forward to see you finish it. :)
    I heard some problems on assembling the dog, so please note use hot water to fix the deformation and use putty to fill the gaps.[/quote]

Thank you for the tip Kaz, I havn't test fit the figure yet but the overall casting looks superb !

I will, but don't expect to much on me, I'm still a rookie concerning painting figure ! ;)
    kaz6120 likes this.
  14. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Thanks Steve, Yes I replaced spokes with 0.4mm brass rods and 1.0mm plastic rods.
    I referred to Robert Döpp's Zündapp article on Military Illustrated Modeler (Dec 2016, issue 068), I didn't do much like what Robert did on his super detailed up Zündapp, I simplified his way.

Everybody was a rookie, I was too, I always respect rookies and I'm really happy to see them pick up my figures. Enjoy!
    1969 and bond090 like this.
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Is that MIM issue still available, would love to see it ?

Cheers
    Steve
  16. bond090 Active Member

1969 likes this.
  17. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Kaz,

Not big on the motorcycle knowledge to appreciate the detail you've put in, but you sir are an all round master craftsmen. Exceptional work on this project congratulations.

Regards,
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    kaz6120 likes this.
  18. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Thanks a lot for your compliments, Chris!
    I'm not basically an enthusiastic plastic-modeller now but I started modelling from that, then conversion, scratch-building, sculpting, 3D modelling... so this project is like compiling my skills into one project. :)
    stoffy01 likes this.