1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 1/9 Ironman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Lew J, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, just finished up on this giant of a model enjoy.
    DSCF1894.JPG DSCF1883.JPG DSCF1878.JPG DSCF1875.JPG DSCF1877.JPG DSCF1879.JPG DSCF1880.JPG DSCF1889.JPG DSCF1890.JPG DSCF1891.JPG

Thanks Lew J.
    balder, Stephan, arxo and 3 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lew great painting and great work on the damaged battle effects.(y)

Cheers Ken
    Lew J likes this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent weathering effects.
    Carl.(y)
    Lew J likes this.
  4. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive my friend. Very cool.
    I nearly bought this figure a few weeks back, I may still consider it after seeing your effort.
    Thanks Karl.
    Lew J likes this.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work, love all the details you have done on it. Is this the Mobieus Plastic injected kit?
    Ben
    Lew J likes this.
  6. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ken, Carl, Karl and Ben.
    @ Ben the kit is form the Dragon 1/9 Avengers series, I also have the kit of the Incredible Hulk which is done in vinyl and is an absolute giant, so will have to be tackled with an airbrush I suspect.
    @ Karl I would recommend buying this kit as it's a pretty simple one to construct, although having said that there were one or two pieces which needed some work to get them to fit correctly, and I believe they may have omitted a small step in the construction which is no biggy.

Thanks Lew J.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive work on this giant.

Marc
    Lew J likes this.
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Superb! I like very much how do you make the impression of red painted metal and the weathering and scratch effects.
    Very clever and skillful solution for the light of the hand and chest.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    Lew J likes this.
  9. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Marc and Edorta.
    @ Edorta I scratched some areas of the plastic with rough sand paper before priming, primed it all up and painted it up. The scratches and chips were simply done with a mix of grey green and green grey with a little white mixed in and put in the areas of most damage.
    The large areas around his chest were again ground out before priming, I used a pic of Iron Man in his MKVII armour from The Avengers movie as a reference. These large areas were painted flat black, chipping was painted around the edges and then I used soot and chalk dust for a more realistic look.

Thanks Lew J.