1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 1/9 Daenerys Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jul 23, 2013.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    Here is the second great bust from Evil Miniatures. The hair took ages to get right, and I think I still need to do a few shadows in it here and there, but other than that, I am pretty happy with it. The photos have washed out some of the colours in the hair and pink bodice.
    Ben

Attached Files:

• D1.jpg
      D1.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • D2.jpg
      D2.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • D3.jpg
      D3.jpg
      File size:
      1,010.2 KB
      Views:
    • D4.jpg
      D4.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    Meehan34, Joe55, NickM and 2 others like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great brushwork Ben.
    The face is really good and very subtle.
    Well done,l like your work a lot.
    Cheers
    Keith
    FigureLover likes this.
  3. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Well done-
    The hair really stands out! It's a difficult color to do and you have it done spendid on it.
    Scott
    FigureLover likes this.
  4. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The mouth and eyes are particularly finely painted. I wonder if she would look younger if you 'toned' back the forehead and the area under the eyes (your girlfriend/partner/sister could advise you) but the face has character and life and that's what matters.
    FigureLover likes this.
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    FigureLover likes this.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Guys, glad you like her
    Ben
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for looking Sippog, I do agree her eyes have fine wrinkles under them making her look a bit older than the series or books, but I think her forehead has a more worried frown. Toning them back would probably work though. Cheers
    Ben
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mirofsoft,
    Thanks for your comments, yeah I like them big!!!!!! Actually they are a bit smaller than most busts that I do, but well detailed. Dark Sword have a lot in there range, but a bit small for me
    Thanks
    Ben