1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 1/9 ANZAC bust, Gallipoli, Model Cellar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tony Dawe, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mike, thanks for your comments and your advice on the lemon squeezer. It was a good idea to convert him to a Kiwi and I think the bust came out OK. I haven’t settled on my next project yet, but another Naked Army 1/6th scale bust conversion is certainly on the cards.

Hi Nap, please feel free to use these pics in any way you choose. Like I said, I don’t think it’s my best work but it was an enjoyable piece to paint. I’m on a bit of a roll at the moment so I’ll probably start my next project over the coming weekend. I want to raise the bar again and really challenge myself on this next one. I think you’ll like it when you see it.
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Tony

Thank you ref pics

As said its been enjoyable to follow and look forward to your next challenge ...I am sure I will like it !

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  3. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I think you are being hard on yourself Tony. Its top shelf and a great figure. The Lemon squeezer is excellent.
    Cheers
    Chris
    Nap likes this.
  4. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Chris, I’m always my own harshest critic mate. Thanks for your comments. They are always appreciated
    Nap likes this.
  5. ModelCellar A Fixture

Hi Tony,

I have been following from the beginning, peeking in now and again, and 'liking' it along the way. Now that it is finished, I must say you did a FANTASTIC job.
    I like the way you converted the hat to the 'lemon squeezer' - very cool. I also like the color choice of the 'blue' shirt. And, your treatment of the webbing texture that the sculptor (Steve Leadley) incorporated is GREAT- it really brings it to life.

One last thing though... the plinth? Aren't you going to paint the plinth?? =)).

regards,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
    Nap and valiant like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys

Saw this on Pinterest ....some bloke called Mike put it on there ...lol

Great view of the lemon squeezer

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nap
    Mike - The Kiwi and Tony Dawe like this.
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    First class Tony
    Very well done Mate.
    Keith
    Tony Dawe and Nap like this.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job Tony, looks great.
    Steve
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Tony, lovely work.
    Tony Dawe likes this.
  10. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Paul, thanks very much for your comments. The plinth isn’t painted yet as I haven’t determined how the bust will displayed yet. Once I do, I’ll paint the plinth and attached it to the base. Thanks for producing this bust .
  11. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Keith, Steve and Bob,

Thanks again for all your comments and support guys. I really do appreciate it and look forward to your constructive criticism.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  12. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work and painting

Mobo
  13. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Mobo, I appreciate your comment.
  14. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautifully done Tony! (y)

Cheers
    Ken
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Tony

Already posted but it's good to see your individual take on this bust , by adding the lemon squeezer it's very much yours

Vote in July's FOTM here:

https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/vote-here-for-july-fotm-2020-ends-31-8-20.258266/

Enter in August's FOTM here:

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...s-fotm-ending-midnight-bst-31-08-2020.268269/

Enter our VIGNETTES & DIORAMA comp ending 30/9/20 go to here:

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...e-diorama-ending-midnight-bst-30-9-20.250127/

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.