1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/72 Scale Figure for Hugomont:

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jon Metters, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Jon Metters Member

Hello Planet,

I've posted a couple of these photos before, but I wanted to add them to my v-bench. (Besides, I just watched the VERY helpful tutorial on posting photos and I want to give it a try.)

These are figures for a Diorama of Hugmont that I am working on. I've got a lot of Frenchmen swarming through the doors that still need to be painted. I hope to complete the scene before the decade is out! :)

Best regards,

Jon Metters

Attached Files:

2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. chris1 Active Member

Very Cool

I have several figures I would like to try but way to scared
    any advice would be gratefully recieved

chris
  4. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi Jon,
    I think that in this type of nice and crowded dioramas, as the "Black Watch at Waterloo" you made, the most important result is the background, the quantity of figures, the colours, in a few words the whole scenery, more than the single figures. Then, I don't say anything about the French uniforms you painted, only if you are interested in this matter and you'll want any suggestions about the right uniforms, I'll be happy to give you. At this moment, I can only say as for the other diorama: What a patience!
    Best regards
    Marcello
  5. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    They're better than my 54mm ones !!!!!
  6. Jon Metters Member

Marcello,

Cheers! Please post a critique of the uniform painting. It is one of the reasons I post to the planet.

I am hear to learn!

Thanks to all for the kind responses.

Best,

Jon Metters
  7. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi Jon,
    Sorry, reading the comments on Osceola (I am the third and hidden worker, concerning the historical research) I had forgotten your figures. No criticism, I wish only give you my little help. I assume that's very difficult painting so small figures, their sculpture is made for wargaming, not for your performances, then many details can be uncorrect. Well, I need a little help from you: Did you want paint Line Infantry (the main attacking force against Hougomont) or Light Infantry? This is the first question. If you wanted paint Line Infantry, the man on the left photo is a Grenadier (owing to the chevrons and galon on the shako), but he missed the red fringed epaulettes. No brass buckle needed on the belt crossing. Then, white lined red lapels and white waistcoat for Line Infantry, not blue. Brass buttons. The man in the right photo can be an officer? Seeing the one and only belt carrying the sword, may be, but the fringed epaulettes are to be gold, not red. White lined red lapels and white waistcoat for him too. Besides, he seems having gaiters like the soldier, not boots, that's wrong. I repeat what I said about the carabinier's charge on your last post. With this type of figures, it's very hard research the historical truth, you must be satisfied with all the scenery, the background and the whole diorama, not for the single figures.
    best wishes
    Marcello