1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/6th Naked Army WW1 Aust. Mounted Artillery Trooper (step 1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Jan 24, 2008.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

The Vallejo acrylic base coats have now been applied after 2 nights of solid painting (and one exploding bottle of English Uniform paint - I have redecorated my hobby room with a new "splatter cam").

Next step is to paint the eyes and start the process of laying in the flesh tone highlights and shadows on the face and hands.

Once these are done I'll move on to the uniform and then the leather parts.

I'll leave the hat until last as I need to stand the figure on his head in order to get my paintbrish up into all the little nooks and crannies.

The base colours on the metal/ brass bits provides a dark background for the metallic colours, which I'll leave until the end.

I'd welcome any comments/ questions.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. eissteban Active Member

France
    very good work Tony :)
  3. busso_boy New Member

Australia
    looking good so far Tony, hope you can bring him along to "show and tell" next month when i am over.

oh i wish i had as much skill at this as you do :)
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Ian,

Thanks for your comments mate. I'll certainly bring him along, plus a couple of other Naked Army figures I've done recently.

I've seen some of the figures you've done mate, and you have plenty of skill and talent. How's about posting a few pics and show the guys on pF what you can do.

These Naked Army figures are so well sculpted they really do make it easy for us painters to look good.

Cheers