1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique 1/6th Boba Fett

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jun 7, 2010.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi all,
    Just completed this old vinyl kit of Boba Fett from Return of the Jedi. I've had this one half done in my grey army for many years and thought I had better finish him off. I have done many changes to the kit such as remade the rocket pack, gun and cape, and added lots of detail here and there,to make him look better as vinyl doesn't replicate metal objects too well. Also added dents and scratches to his armour and engraved the seams on his uniform. It is painted with Vallejo and Tamiya paints with dustings of pastel chalks. All markings are handpainted.
    Hope you like him,
    Ben

Attached Files:

Jamie Stokes, flart1943 and Kandor8 like this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    More Detail pics

Attached Files:

3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Ben,

Glad to see you're still pushing the paint and putty mate, we've missed you at the club.

Boba looks great, love the scratches and scrapes on his helmet and the generally worn state of his gear. I hope I get to see this (and you) at WASMEx this year.
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi ya Tony,
    Cheers for the comments. I'm still lurking around and keeping my hand at painting and dont worry, wouldn't miss WASMEX for quids.
    Ben
  5. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Super Boba, I'm a StarWars fan meself as I have Emperor Palpatyne in vinyl, like this very much, glad you got the determination to complete him.(y)
  6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    like it a lot!

Mark

:)
  7. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice

The weathering effects are superb as well as the shading on the clothing.
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rob, Mark and Grant, thank you for your comments and I'm glad you like him. I think it was worth the effort to model the trilogies most loved bounty hunter. Rob, I also have several other kits from the Star Wars movies, one that I would like to get onto is a large scale Luke on Tauntaun.
    Ben
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work on the armour and rocket pack.
    Great job Ben.
    Carl.
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice work here Ben! Love the colors and the weathering really sets him off.

Jay H.
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Carl and Jay, I took the colours from pictures of him during Return of the Jedi. His armour took a few different colour versions between Empire Strikes Back and Return, my favorite being the one depicted here. Some of the paint chips and dents are spot on for this version as well.
    Ben
  12. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Better than super old friend.:cool: