1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1:6 scale Seaman

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Mochilote, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Mochilote Active Member

Argentina
    Volviendo a mi escala favorita, se me ocurrió hacer un marino como regalo para un loco del mar que es mi hermano mayor; quien tiene la inmensa suerte de haber navegado una buena cantidad de mares en diferentes lugares del mundo...
    Coming back to my fovourite scale, I thought of sculpting an old seawolf as a gift for my oldest brother, hwo invited me to visit his city and stay in his home in Ushuaia, Argentina. He has sailed a lot of different seas, and that's why I sculpted this subject for him.

[IMG]

La forma básica de la cabeza está hecha con masilla epoxi Parsecs (mi fiel compañera en la escultura), y los detalles son de masilla polimérica FIMO. En general uso color verde porque permite ver bien los detalles mientras se va modelando. Nótese los detalles de las arrugas en la cara, producto de haber estado mirando fotos de viejos en internet...
    The basic shape of the head is made in epoxi putty, and the details are in FIMO polymeric putty. I usually use the green colour that is better for me to see the details.

[IMG]

La barba y la primer parte de la gorra, también son de FIMO.
    The beard in white, and the low part of the cap are also in FIMO.

[IMG]

La parte superior de la gorra es de masilla epoxi PARSECS.
    The upper part of the cap is made of epoxi putty.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

El torso es todo de PARSECS, y luego le agregué la costura de la unión de las mangas y el cuello alto con FIMO.
    The torso is all made in epoxi putty but the collar and the seams that join the sleeves, that are made of FIMO.

[IMG]
  2. Mochilote Active Member

Argentina
    La pintura comienza siempre por los ojos. De tan impaciente que soy, no le apliqué primer de ningún tipo, por lo que cuesta un poco más que el acrílico cubra...
    I always start painting the eyes. I was too impatient to apply a primer... so I painted it directly on the cooked polymeric putty.

[IMG]

Primeras subidas de tono carne:
    First lights:

[IMG]

Aplique de diferentes tonalidades en lugares estratégicos del rostro:
    Different tonalities in strategic parts of the face:

[IMG]

Barba y demás pelos:
    Beard and other hairs:

[IMG]

Gorra terminada:
    Painted cap:

[IMG]

Cuello de lana y costuras de las mangas:
    Collar and seams of the sleeves.

[IMG]
    malc and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  3. Mochilote Active Member

Argentina
    Pintura base del torso:
    Base paint for the torso:
    [IMG]
    Subidas de luz:
    Some lights:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Landrotten Highlander likes this.
  4. Mochilote Active Member

Argentina
    Montaje final:
    Final assembly:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Esta foto me mata...
    I really love this picture...

[IMG]

Listo para irse de casa...
    Ready to fly to Ushuaia...
    [IMG]
    balder, Old Pete, malc and 1 other person like this.
  5. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Great work, love the character in the face,shows the hard life these sailors lead.
  6. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent, I love everything about it. The character, the textures, the hair, the paint application. I wish I could achieve these results, especially on a figure that I sculpted...:notworthy:
  7. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Wow.. I think says it all.