1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 1/6 Female Predator

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Nov 3, 2013.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    These last two pics show the outlining done. I have also darkened the hollows with washes and pastels, this has brought the different colours and shading together, added some depth and made it a bit more pleasing to the eye. I have also started on the teeth and nails using a silver prismacolour pencil to give a metallic look. Next will be to start the head dome.
    Thanks for looking
    Ben 24.jpg 25.jpg
    ChaosCossack and Meehan34 like this.
  2. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Love the detailing work you have done on the alien. This is gonna be great.
    FigureLover likes this.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Jazz,
    I am in the middle of doing the head dome at the moment, so will have more pics soon
    Ta
    Ben
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi again everyone
    Here are some pics of the under painting of the head dome. What I am trying to achieve is type of skeletal system under what will be a semi clear dome. I have used pencils and pastel chalks over a basic bone coloured base coat to get this 3D effect. I am at the present applying the over painting and will post pics soon. Thanks for looking
    Ben 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg
    ChaosCossack and Jazz like this.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hello again,
    I have now used a mixture of Tamiya Smoke and Black and a touch of Transparent Green to make semi transparent overcoat. This was sprayed in various thicknesses and opaqueness to give some real depth, not only to the body, but definitely to the head dome. It all looks a bit too glossy at the moment, but I will tone this down at a later stage. I added a bit more highlighting the spine area of the head dome by hand as well.
    Cheers
    Ben 29.jpg 30.jpg 31.jpg 32.jpg
  6. MrBMB A Fixture

Whaaaat theeee helllll aree youuuu!!!! :)
    Great work Ben , I love how you do such varied subjects
    Very nice colours and detailing

Something not right about a Predator wearing a G-banger

I bet she has teeth elsewhere :(
    ChaosCossack and FigureLover like this.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Awesome work Ben. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.
    FigureLover likes this.
  8. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    way cool(y)
    FigureLover likes this.
  9. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    My god what a creature,I hope we never encounter anything like this.:wtf::arghh:
    Mark
    FigureLover likes this.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Simply amazing work

Marc
    FigureLover likes this.
  11. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Phenomenal painting, Ben! I love the detail - this figure is going to be stunning when you're done with it.
    Hope you had a good Chrissy, mate. See you in the new year.
    FigureLover likes this.
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Guys, I tried to quote you individually but it wouldn't work!!!! Anyway, I'm glad you like the progress so far, it has come together nicely and I am pretty happy with the results at the moment. I have to put the alien aside now as it will be the last thing to add to the base. Back to the Predator now. I have started to paint the base and will show pics in a few days
    Cheers
    Ben
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Back again with more updates,
    Here is the base basically painted up, I used a lot of earthy colours for this, as I want it to blend in with everything else and not be too overbearing. The part of the alien that is attached to the base is only basically done as I will finish it off once I join the top section to it. It is also a bit too glossy at the moment, I will tone this down later
    Ta
    Ben 33.jpg 34.jpg
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  14. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg More pics, this time with the predator attached. I have toned down the glossiness, added more depth to the colours, painted the grieves and feet of the predator and also added all this to a wooded base. This has made it easier to paint all the bits that need either touch ups or painting such as the dreadlocks. It is all coming together now, soon I will add the dead alien and the loin cloth that covers her behind.
    Ben
  15. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    Great work ! (y)
    FigureLover likes this.
  16. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Last lot of pics for now,
    Here is the primed sword, you can see how big it is compared to the Vallejo bottle near it!!!!!! I originally thought that it was too big for the figure, a bit too overbearing, but I have started to like the look of it and will keep it now. Time to get onto painting this.
    Also is a pic of the kits gauntlet blade. The resin one is the one from the kit, but I wanted a slightly beefier one, so I CADed up a new one in the way I wanted it to look, and had it "grown" and cast in metal, this will be painted and attached to the figure at the end
    Cheers for looking and any comments are welcome
    Ta
    Ben 39.jpg 40.jpg
    ChaosCossack, NickM and legend69 like this.
  17. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Captain Lol, glad you like it so far
    Ben
    Captain Lol likes this.
  18. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Almost there...look forward to seeing this finished!!!(y)
    Anthony
    FigureLover likes this.
  19. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Anthony, yes not far to go now, lots of small details to finish yet, the bigger the kit, the more to do!!!!!
    Ta
    Ben
  20. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Excellent work, I too can't wait to see it completed.

Malc
    FigureLover likes this.