1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 1/6 Bruce Willis - Die Hard

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, May 19, 2013.

1. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    he he, what took a longe time on the bench, gets better and better,
    a amazing figure from that company and I looking forward for the finished piece.
    very nice flesh and eyes.
    do the eyes get a reflectionpoint in white?
    FigureLover likes this.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Stephan,
    Thanks for looking and glad you like him so far. No I dont do reflection points on my kits, as once I gloss coat it, it tends to get a natural one anyway. I am tossing up weather to tone down the eyes a bit or leave then as they are, as any pics from the movie I see, his eyes really stand out
    Ben
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B29.JPG B30.JPG B31.JPG
    Alright, time to show this weeks updates. I have done a very basic base for the hair, this will be added to and altered at a later date, its just to give me a guide as to where I am at with the flesh tones. After doing this, I added some extra highlights here and there with a bit of Naples Yellow. I also deepened one or two areas mainly around the eyes.
    More updates next week
    Ta
    Ben
    NickM, Zastrow.cuirassier and Stephan like this.
  4. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks looking good.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Well hopefully I'm back again for awhile and working on this one after a massive pre Xmas build up at work.
    Here I have refined the flesh tones to where I am pretty happy with it, done more to the hair, added body hair, his skull tattoo, shoulder scar as well as the names of his foes written on his forearm
    . B34.jpg B33.jpg B35.jpg
    Zastrow.cuirassier and NickM like this.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B39.jpg B38.jpg B36.jpg B37.jpg

Here are some detail shots
    Hopefully some more updates soon
    Ben
    balder, Zastrow.cuirassier and NickM like this.
  7. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looking good mate. Glad to see you're able to do some painting again!
    Nice touch with the names on his fore-arm, I like the detail :)
    FigureLover likes this.
  8. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Die Hard, one of the better film of Bruce!
    The figure look great!
    FigureLover likes this.
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Nick
    Yep pretty keen to get back into it, hopefully now that Xmas is nearly over, it will give me more time
    Ta Zastrow.cuirassier, it is his favourite film of mine, a good one from the eighties
    Thanks for looking
    Ben
    NickM likes this.
  10. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Lookin better all the time!

Cheers, Ski.
    FigureLover likes this.
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Coming along very nicely ben,watching with interest,i love the tattoo (y)
    FigureLover likes this.
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Steve and Brian,
    Thanks for looking guys, glad your liking him and hope to get more done on him after Xmas
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good stuff. He's coming along slowly but hopefully now you'll get a chance to push on. Nice work on the flesh tones.
    FigureLover likes this.
  14. chris1 Active Member

So far so great.
    Die Hard has to be the best xmas movie ever.
    Its a good thing Ive only just found your thread, or I would have made some comment based upon early the photos.As Bruce is never armless or he's always armed. Sorry couldn't help it.

Cheers

Chris
    FigureLover likes this.
  15. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ya Tony and Steve
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it
    Good one Steve, yep have to agree about the movie and like your wit too, nothing to be sorry for
    Ben
  16. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B40.jpg B41.jpg
    B42.jpg B43.jpg

Back again with some more updates
    I have now put him on a base and base painted his singlet and pants. I airbrushed these with acrylics, adding a bit of shadowing here and there. These will now be heavily weathered according to the movie stills I have found on the web. The base was made with plasticard that I have textured the simulate concrete slabs.
    Ben
    NickM likes this.
  17. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    B44.jpg B45.jpg B46.jpg B47.jpg

Here are some close ups of the MP-5 and the Transistor radio painted up. The gun still needs the ammo clip added and the radio needs the antaena which I will add right at the end.
    Now that I am up to this point, I can now get to doing my favourite part, making him bloody and dirty!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for looking
    Ben
    balder and NickM like this.
  18. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Geez, look at the detail on that radio! Gun is looking great too - what did you use to get that metallic sheen?
    Hope you had a good Xmas too mate.
    FigureLover likes this.
  19. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hey Nick
    Good to hear from you, Xmas was great, and even got some time for some painting.
    The gun was base coated in Vallejo Black and then I put some graphite from a rubbed down pencil sparingly on my finger and rubbed this over the metal areas. A few scratches from a silver Prismicolour pencil were also added for effect.
    Ben
    NickM likes this.
  20. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I would love to see more shadows onto trousers.
    Very good.
    FigureLover likes this.