1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/5th Barb Wire

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, May 17, 2009.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thought I would post some pics of this kit that I built years ago. It is Monsters In Motion's 1/5th scale Barb Wire. Cast in solid resin, depicting Pamela Anderson in her role in the movie of the same name.
    I didn't really like the original standing pose, so I did a bit of re-sculpting to give her a kneeling pose and added the second pistol in her left hand. I have added some pictures of the kit in progress so you can see the work involved.
    The main silver pistol was also scratchbuilt as the cast version wasn't very good. They were made from acrylic and plasticard and even have the rifling in the barrel.
    The kit was painted using an airbrush for the main colours and brush for the finer details. Most of the paints were enamels. The buttons were covered in Bare Metal Foil to give the chrome look. Her barb wire tattoo was hand painted using oils an then lightly misted over using her flesh tone through an airbrush.
    All in all, it is a great kit and the likeness is spot on to the actor.

Comments welcome
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Here are the in-progress shots

Attached Files:

• BW1.jpg
      BW1.jpg
      File size:
      178.8 KB
      Views:
    • CU2.jpg
      CU2.jpg
      File size:
      34.6 KB
      Views:
    • CU1.jpg
      CU1.jpg
      File size:
      192.5 KB
      Views:
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    And some close ups

Attached Files:

4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ben this piece is rack-tastic......ooops I mean fanny-tastic......oops, I mean.......OK in all seriousness, nice work. The conversion really adds to this piece! well done.

Jay H.
    Okc
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    As a funny note, they showed the movie on TV yesterday. I think your conversion is good although the legs is a tad bit long?

I like the paint job alot. Especially the hair and face.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I think Pammy looks better on her knees.

Great work Ben
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Didn't think it would take long for some suggestive comments were put forward, HEHE. Anyway, thanks Jay, Janne and Tony. As for the legs, you maybe right, but she is a long legged beauty!!!
    Ben
  8. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I dont think that the long legs stick out and you get away with it when its babes and pin-ups as its part of the iconry.(Is that a word?)

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  9. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hello, Ben.
    A wonderful work.
    I liked the tone of the female face very much.
    She seem to be true human.
    It was a big figure, but did you use a hand piece?
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks a lovely lady to me.
    I liked Pam in the beginning but when she pumped up i never find here natural..
    You did a great job on here. The hair and face are spot on.
    I like the conversion you made.

marc
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Janne, Mitsutaka and Marc, thanks again for your comments. Mitsutaka, I couldn't use a handpeice to hold her while painting as the kit weighed over 1kg and was too big and bulky. I placed her on a "Lazy Susan"( small pivoting round table that is usually used in the middle of a dinner table for serving on), and airbrushed on that. I could then get at all angles easily enough.
    Ben
  12. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Very nice finish to this resin figure,
    Particularly altering the pose to kneeling, very good.

As for the long legged look, often happens in pin up ladies, plus the high cut clothes she's wearing add to the long legged look.....

Ben,
    nice to see you back here, hope you visit more often.

cheers
  13. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Ben,

good stuff, you are right the original pose wasn't too interesting, but your conversion is excellent. I can only join the others on the painting too, well done, down to the seams on the tights.

Thanks
    Denes
  14. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Jamie and Denes, glad you like her. Jamie, I've been here all along, just haven't posted for a few weeks, busy with work. Also been doing a couple of busts ( not Pammy's) for a SBS.
    Ben
  15. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thats a very good transformation in a better one.
    Its not so easy to keep likness in that scale, but you did it.
    Thanks for showing.
  16. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ben, I have to confess that I almost overlooked this thread, and I know I would have kicked myself for that :eek:

That's some amazing subyle flesh that you painted together with the slight but significant conversion!!!! Welldone!!!

Ray ;)
  17. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Ray and Stephan, thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad you like the conversion. I did this one many years ago and only have done a few large scale figures since, makes me want to dig out one from the grey army and give it a go.
    Ben