1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/48th US WW2 Tankers

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by captfue, Jun 4, 2010.

1. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Hello all here are some photos of a wedgie I completed today. It shows one off the less glamours sides of being a tanker. The work is about 90% to 95% done from recycled sprue, the tree and the tank's wheels and bogie truck are the only pieces not sculpted by hand.

The scene is of an American Tank crew trying to improve their chances of survival, during the second world war. One team begins to fill their sandbag, after the tank commander finishes his and hands the shovel to them(most tanks only had one shovel). One crewman walks to wards the tank to hand his bag to the loader(generally the healthiest) to toss onto the tank.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gothicgeek likes this.
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great bit of work mate and you managed to get five figures onto the scene and they all interact really well, i like the idea behind this one and great bit of sculpting on such a small scale and using sprue.

good to see more of your work Anthony,

All the best to you and your family mate,

Steve(y)
  3. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Steve: I.m working on another set for Wendys' mini group build at HF. Thinking about doing a SBS on the last figure, what do you think mate?
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeh i think people would be glad to see how you turn `sprue` into figures, i kow it baffled me untill you explained it, looking forward to seeing it and your next work

All the best mate,

Steve(y)