1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/48 pilot sculpt

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by elanlane13, Jun 19, 2007.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Dear All,

This is my first post. Hopefully below are some smudgy photos of one of my recent sculpts. It is an RAF pilot during 1940 in 1/48th scale. I have worked in this scale for several companies in the past, but have taken a break from commercial work for the last few years. Looking at the excellence achieved by Mike Good and Fox Minatures I wanted to see what I could do. Duro was used throughout. Cables, dog and deck chair will be added once painting and basing is complete! Your comments would be gladly received.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Manfred Active Member

Nice posing and nice details. Green Stuff ist not the easiest medium to use and the small size is something else to work in. You have my fullest attention.

This one would be cool beside a Hurricane or Spit :)

I have worked in 48 and actually do some more now and while I have some of Mike Goods figures on the table for reference they are equally fascinating AND daunting. I'm also more of a carver than a wet sculptor as I still have a hard time with Duro after years of use. Hope to buy some Fox figures soon.

Hope to see more,
    Manfred
  3. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Manfred thank you for your comments, I tend to use Duro for small scale figures and for details on larger scales. I'm currently working on a mounted trio of Indian Mutiny cavalry in 1/72. Lots of lens work:eek:
  4. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia

Very nice Robert.

I have enough trouble converting the 1/48 Pilots for my Jet Aircraft models to the pose i want, let alone doing the complete pilot from scratch.

Great job, very nice details.

Cheers,
    Jeff.
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good !!!
  6. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Vergilius and Jeff, thank you for your comments.
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Terrific sculpt that reeks of atmosphere - he just looks 1940 BoB! I really like 1/48 becuase, in my view, it is the smallest scale that it is possible to sculpt full detail rather than just indicate it. YOu've done a gret job. Hope to see more and see this painted soon.

Colin
  8. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you for your comments Colin.
    I'm working on some 1/72nd (23mm) Punjab Indian Mutiny cavalry at the moment I hope to post some pictures soon.
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Robert - Very nicely done! Great moustache and a face with lots of character. I agree with Colin - he looks 1940! The half-running, half-stumbling, trying-to-put-his-jacket-on pose is terrific!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you for your comments Dan. I've just been looking at the Tommies you did that Roger is painting. Lovely work and great subject.
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Looks like Squadron Leader Lovell-Gregg, a New zealander KIA in the BoB.

Attached Files:

12. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Colin, thank you for the photo reference, a great picture. I hope to start painting him soon, but have a couple of other sculpts to complete first.
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Your figure is coming along nicely, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc
  14. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Roc, thank you for your post. I'm working on a small dog to go with him at present.