1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/4 James Bond Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Dec 16, 2008.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi fellow Figure Fans,
    I thought that I would post some images of a bust that I finished about a year ago. It was sculpted by an Australian sculpter by the name of Eden Small. I dont know if he sculpts kits any more as he has worked on such movies as Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong since sculpting this. The kit is a great likeness of Sean Connery in his early days of James Bond.
    The kit was very easy to put together but suffered from some air bubbles in the resin. I replaced the buttons on the jacket as they were only half formed, and replaced the pistol breech and barrel by scratchbuilding a new one as the original wasn't the best. Not sure what type of gun it is, I just followed the reference from the promotional photos.
    I painted the flesh tones in oils and airbrushed the clothing in Tamiya acrylics. I also used a brown pencil for adding the fine hair on his hands.
    Hope you enjoy the pics,
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Thats cool,great likeness to the actual pic, well done mate.
    Cheers Andrew
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    JB Bust

Ben ,
    This is a great paint , love the fleshwork and especially th way you have done the jacket ...any hints on these mixes for the skin or jacket ...well it is Christmas ..ho ho ho !!!!

Nap
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Aaah, Mr Bond ...I've been expecting you.

Lovely to see this bust on Planet Figure Ben. Having seen it up close and personal I must say that your pics don't come close to capturing all the very fine details you've added on this bust. The painting is, as always, flawless.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    HEHE, thanks for the kind words Tony and Andrew. Nap, I couldn't begin to tell you what I used for the flesh colours as with oils, I use everything from basic flesh tint, burnt sienna and umber, white, prussian blue and more, all to varying degrees of mixes until it looks right. The base coat was Tamiya flesh. The jacket however was painted with tamiya flat black for the shadows and adding a touch of white for the highlights. The satin collar and lapel is tamiya semi gloss black. The white shirt is tamiya white with a few oil washes and then drybrushed white again. Hope this helps.
    Ben
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow, impressive. Fantastic paints on a super sculpt! Great work!

Jay H.
    OKc
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jay, Thanks for your reply, I'm glad you liked it
    Ben