1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 1/4 Head Sculpt Paint from 'Serenity' series

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Ethan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    I thought I would throw this out there as it was tons of fun to do. There is a guy named Trevor who sculpts different head for a company called Sideshow Toys and he did some personal projects sculpting all the characters from the FireFly/Serenity series.

My brother had these unfinished heads lying around and I got the idea to paint one of them just to see what I could do. It's 1/4 scale and though the phone camera doesn't do the detail justice I think it turned out rather well!

Full Frame.jpg Full Frame-1.jpg Full Frame-1-2.jpg
    John Bowery, Guy and gordy like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's looking great (y) is it vinyl or resin ?
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Sideshow does very good work. Clearly meant to be Mal and not a bad likeness. Great paint job.

I still can't believe they cancelled Firefly without giving it a fair shot...great show.

Colin
  4. Ethan Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Gordy; it is resin cast.

I agree Colin, Sideshow has some fantastic sculpts out there. My little brother collects them so we have quite a few of the especially 'Hot Toys' pieces around our house. I had the pleasure of seeing Jayne, Kaylee, Simon, and Shephard at a sci fi expo a few weekends ago here in Dallas. Great people and very entertaining in person!