1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1/35th WWII US Tanker

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys!

Here is what I have been working on the past couple of days. It is a 1/35th scale US WWII Tanker for Mustang Productions. This was the first time I used Aves Apoxie Sculpt, I kinda like it, it is like Magic Sculpt when soft and like Milliput once cured. When working it I always get the Impression of sculpting with very soft Chewing Gum.

Anyways, would love to hear what you think about it!

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Anders..............your best yet..........I take it he can be leaning up against a tank or other object? I like the facial expression with the shock of hair protruding down (y) (y)
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That suits my need exactly! (y)
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Guys!

Guy,

Yeah he could be made leaning on something but also could stand by himself.

Matthew,

He will be released in July :)
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Anders, just an observation from someone who really doesn't matter! :lol: If you want to build a niche out there as far a WWII allied armor figs go, try this. American and British tankers wearing something other than cold weather gear! So many fine figures look SOOOOOO out of place on a nicely painted and weathered tank, IN NORMANDY! Most allied tankers didn't wear these cold weather jackets or pixie suits during that time. June to late September was very warm in France. So, if you just make tankers dressed for warm weather you'll be doing a lot of modelers a huge favor!

Just a thought,
    Jim Patrick
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim!

Thanks for your suggestion :)

This guy is acctually wearing the M-41 Field Jacket (or OD jacket) with only a T-shirt underneath, so he would be pretty well suited for warmer climates.
  7. Pete_H New Member

Dude, were any stock pieces used?
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dude,

I almost find that an offending statement but comming from you I don't :)

I used a tanker helmet, holster and boots from the Yanks stuff we got.

Need some pics without the primer?
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Anders, that's a mighty fine effort, your anatomy looks spot on, and a pretty difficult pose to get right. Well done!
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Leigh!

I spent a lot of time with the mannequin posing him, I re did the right leg as I didnt think I had it far enough underneath of him. Had some good pictures and some time standing in the pose my self. Seams like it paid off :)
  11. Pete_H New Member

Hey, just a simple question and I did not accuse anybody of anything. The drapery looks good and the face has lots of character, and your attention to detail on the pose is quite evident. Now let's get back to pushing paint and putty (y)
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,TOP NOTCH work,my friend (y) (y) !! Thanks for posting ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT Anders! I see this figure leaning against many model tanks for years to come.