1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

1.35th scale US GI Sleeping

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

When I lost my DSL I had a streak of "depression" so I sculpted this 1/35th figgie of a Sleeping US GI. It is from a picture in Concord Publication "The GI in Combat NW Europe 44-45" page 13. Excellent book for all you American WWII fans, and its cheap I paid $10 for it!

Clothing is Magic Sculpt and lead foil, the arms are Aves. I find it easier to make the mannequin in Aves as it is white so I can see how thick the clothing is.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Anders
    Let me be the first to congratulate you on this figure!
    Lovely pose and drapes. I see you have been working
    hard on the drapes and folds. They look very natural and
    clean. :) Keep it up!

TS
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Teasung!

I have been studying your work quite a bit lately and Im trying to improve. Im still no where near you but Im trying!

Thanks again, means a lot comming from you :)
  4. Argyll Member

Scotland
    Smashing figure!!
  5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wow! Excellent work, Anders. The drapes and folds on the
    trousers are very nice.

Jason
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Very nice Anders. I thihnk you have caught the pose perfectly and looks very natural. Your skill at sculpting recently has shown marked improvement. Good job.
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Nice job. The folds look good. All the shots of the figure look good with the exception of the profile view. In that shot they look short (camera angle?) Anyway, I think WE could ALL benefit from being without a computer for a short time (though the withdrawl will drive you nuts). I think YOUR time without has been to your advantadge.~Gary
  8. EasyOff Member

Anders, stay off TV and stay here were you are appreciated. You've been turning out some really nice stuff lately. Thanks for sharing and lets get that thing marketed! ;)

Regards
    John
  9. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Anders, you're doing better and better! Great figure.
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Gary is right, there is a huge withdrawal factor involved!

This was a fun little project, we'll see what he ends up doing, probably will just end up in my drawer but it was a good learning experience and a lot of fun to do!

Thanks again guys, you keep me focused to keep trying to get better.
  11. Bill Mayo New Member

Dittos the comment on the natural folds. This is a great piece....a bit unusual which really makes it stand out!
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Really nice result Anders, I think you've managed that slumped look work very well with the wieght of the body....the guy looks really relaxed...great job.

All the best...Roy.
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like it too. I am always amazed at how quickly you work and still get such excellent results! :)

Keith
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Anders, nice sculpture, very natural pose.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  15. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Anders (y) (y) !!! You really should consider marketing "him" ;) ,you know. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

I think that sometimes once you get started on something and just go with the flow it works out pretty good. Maybe a slight withdrawal is good for production as you do one thing to not think about the other...Im abuot to try to quit smoking so maybe that will have the same effect...I hope!

Thanks again guys.